Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today is both for me and i cant be happy about either.my girlfriend of 3 yrs was talking of a family and marriage and i had to tell her that my stomach was getting worse and i dont plan on being around when im in mid 30's much less being a father.she was devastated and my timing was terrible but i just couldnt lead her on anymore. I didnt get into great detail about what i have she just knows i have been out of work/school for about a year now.another fun day for me.sorry to snap i just needed to vent.hope all you with signifigant others enjoy your holiday and get making with the love.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm sorry to hear how hard this is for you. I truly hope you feel better. And what do you mean you won't be around when you are in your 30s, do you just mean not around her? Seriously, as down as I get (I am only 22) I have to believe there is hope. This "disorder" can't be so bad as to have no cure in the future. Take care. I truly hope things work out for you. I know how tough it is.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wow. I too hope you don't mean you will not be around on earth! I get vey down too. When I feel really down I like to lean on those who are special to me. It sounds as though you are keeping this all locked inside. Nothing is more therapeutic than having a good cry on my fiances shoulder. Maybe you would benefit from opening up. You know, another avenue of hope is that researchers are really just getting started on IBS. I think there will be great thingsto come. Hang in there! And don't think too far ahead. Just take it one day at a time.

·
Registered
294 Posts
all of the above: me too. really, don't give up. when i think back to how bad i was ten years ago, even though i'm far from fixed i know enough to count my blessings. dietary changes haven't led to remission for me, but for example i have been able to specifically identify what causes me cramps, so the pain side of this problem is over for me. (if only i could do the same for the other symptoms). even so from late afternoon on my problems ease up to almost nothing now, which certainly was not always the case.keep reading and researching, check out other people's experience, and look for a good doctor. you might not get 'fixed' either, but a lot of us can improve things to some degree. take care.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.