Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Glad I found this post. Going vegan was a way for me to get to a healthy weight-bracket. Personally, I didn't enjoy eating meat or eggs growing up, but I was forced to. In the household I grew up in, you ate what you got or you went hungry. Being obese for years and years made it convincing to try veganism, so I went from vegetarianism to veganism, and I had awesome bowel movements ... but then ... I suddenly developed this constipation that was horrendous. Still have it, and now I'm vegetarian again.

Eating meat or eggs guarantees that I would gain weight. Admittedly, I had some foods that had egg in them (and one that had meat "snuck" into it, albeit a microscopic amount), and I'm starting to balloon up. This is embarrassing for me, and I don't want to eat anything with eggs, or meat, or eating eggs at all. Just don't want to. Also, the smell; eggs and meat are not appetizing to me.

...You know how... you feel right before a case of influenza hits you? That sensation, but mild and still unpleasant, is what I feel if I eat eggs or meat. Felt that most of my life, but again, I was forced to ignore it because I ate what I got. I remember picking the meat out of burgers and pastas as a kid.

Everyone is entitled to enjoy the foods that they love. That includes people who eat eggs and meat. The problem is that my body refuses to process the foods that I need to eat in order to get the nutrients I need. I don't know what to do.
sad.png

· Registered
13 Posts
I noticed something pretty cool when I googled the one type of nut that people can eat on a FODMAP diet. When I Googled "peanuts food" or "Walmart peanuts" (lol), I noticed that they are very high in protein. I also noticed that they are very high in calories, but if you need your protein, I suppose that eating a cup of peanuts a couple times a week might be OK?
blink.png
Plus, it's also high in magnesium, iron, B-6, and calcium, so that's also a win-win.

Tofu tends to be expensive for my budget, but I enjoy tofu. Be perfectly fine with eating tofu.

It may not be that awful after all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.