Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had luck removing all vegetable/seed oils from their diets?
they are used in everything that is made in the store.
If I eat something like potato chips that are fried in the stuff, I get so sick for days, intestinal cramps.

Please let me know, or even if you notice problems eating foods with them in the ingredients list.

thanks.

·
Functional Nutrition Gut Health Coach
103 Posts
I removed them entirely from my diet for years when I was first sick. I feel like it was a good change. They are often rancid, and even now, though I can tolerate them sometimes, if they are rancid I will get bloated and abdominal pain.
But you're right, it can be very challenging to avoid them entirely.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I was really interested to see if anyone else here had really noticed I big issue with them. The cramping in my gut I can get for days if I have something with lots of oil like potato chips is a killer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Amanda,

Do you have any issues with eating fatty meat?

I had some ribs, "by themselves", a couple of nights ago and I have had terrible gas and diarrhea for two days now. This always happens when I have fatty/greasy meat.

·
Functional Nutrition Gut Health Coach
103 Posts
Hi Lifelong Issues, I don't tend to eat a lot of very fatty meat, but I don't seem to have to much trouble with this.

If fats aren't digesting well, there are a few things that can help...sometimes supporting stomach acid can improve the secretion of your pancreatic enzymes, including lipase, as well as bile, which helps emulsify fats. Supplemental digestive enzymes that are high in Lipase, like the Enzymedica LipoGold can sometimes help. SUpplemental bile salts could also potentially be helpful. I usually suggest people test things one at a time to get a clear answer about which is most helpful.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I recently purchased some bile salts and I think they were helping, but then I got diarrhea.

I looked into it and found that this can sometimes be a symptom.

I will start experimenting with the bile salts very slowly once things have settled down to make sure that was not the issue.

I went carnivore for a few months thinking I finally had solved all my digestive problems to discover that the really fatty meats made me sick.

Not too disappointed though, I did not want to live on red meat alone but felt it was better than the chronic gas.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I eat a bag of potato chips, and not one of those tiny bags, I get gas and stomach cramps badly for a week or more.

Have you dealt with anyone that has a wrecked gut for a long time after they should have been cleaned out?

Maybe it is because the poor quality oil really sticks around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts