Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Steamed carrots, small helpings of steamed broccoli, fresh spinach, fresh cucumbers, celery, asparagus, green peas, lima beans, string beans, and potatoes of any sort as long as they aren't fried. Everyone has different triggers, though, so my list may not be good for you and vice versa. Just be sure to add vegetables slowly, particularly if they are raw, so as not to cause too much gas. Let your body get used to small servings first, and then increase the portions gradually.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just ask your mom to cook yours until they're good and mushy and try that. Also, if your family are butter eaters you might ask them to try the squeezable kind and put it on after cooked because the fat might bother you. Just a thought-hope it helps!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I agree - everyone is different. I think most people do tend to do better with cooked rather than raw veggies. I don't have any that trigger a problem when I'm doing well, but if I'm on the verge, I stay away from raw carrots, lettuce and tomatoes.nancy

·
Registered
76 Posts
Everyone is right....different people have different triggers...I actually cannot eat any vegetables at the moment...so I take a supplement that is made up of different vitamins and nutrients that are found in vegetables until my tummy is ready to handle the actual thing.Ask your mom to cook the vegetables until they are very mushy ( as was stated above ). Give that a try...if you do get sick, perhaps you might want to try again with a smaller amount of vegetables...basically trial and error...that is how I learn what my stomach can handle and what it cannot. If anything, you could always buy a similar supplement like the one I'm taking. You could swing by a pharmacy with your mom and ask the pharmacist's opinion...they should be able to suggest something for you so that your body gets the nutrition that it needs...Hope I've helped some.~Veggie~

·
Registered
644 Posts
Usually the key is to make sure your vegetables are cooked well. For this reason, I eat a lot of stew and Indian foods with cooked veggies. I know you are C, so you should be fine with this.Lisa

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi lisa, Atlast got you!!!Yes I am searching for one who eats indian foods.Please Please mail me the indian food items which will reduce the symptoms.Hoping for great help from u.Thanks Regardssunil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.