Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been diagnosed with IBS-C about 2 years ago but I have had the symptoms since I was a teenager. Abdominal pain, mucus in the feces, bloating, the usual stuff. What is unusual this time is that I feel a strong pulsating in my abdomen and the pain stretches down my legs-sometimes I don't know what to do with them they hurt so much. Has anyone ever had these symptoms? Also, I have a rapid heartbeat in the morning and can feel my stomach pulsating as well. It is really annoying, I just wish someone could comfort me a bit. I try to be strong but I am close to a nervous breakdown. What should I do????? Please help! So glad I have found this site, that means I'm not alone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What all have you tried? There are tons and tons of things out there, maybe if you mention what you have tried. If what you are also experiencing is intense anxiety ("close to nervous breakdown") that will make things worse. Try some deep breathing, put a really nice HOT facecloth on your tummy or a heating pad when you're feeling like you're going to "break down". I know that feeling. It's like a horrible cycle that starts. Myself, I got so darn frustrated and fed up I had HAD enough. I went to more drastic lengths to get ahold on mine (see my other post). But I have had the pulsating in the my colon (mine was on left side) and sharp pains. When I have those really intense pains, and bloating etc, my job is to get that #### out of me asap. Seriously, if you have this horrendous pain all the time you should try to get that poo out whether it be natural laxative (magnesium tablets, senna tablets, enemas etc) or something like CHT. Consult your doctor if you've never tried any of these before. This stuff is not to be taken regularly, because it will affect your bowels ability to "move" naturally. Anyway, hope this helps... myself, I am in a process of trial and error but I've been dealing with this for 5 years or so and Ive had some minor successes but we're all different and respond differently to treatments and even foods. Another thing I've been doing lately is trying to massage my colon while on the toilet. Surprisingly, I am having some success. Take a look on google for some techniques. Free and easy to do and pretty much safe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for the info, I will try massaging my stomach, I will also start yoga classes in a week. I have a lot of stress, better to say I had a lot of stress and maybe it's the result. I usually get the symptoms when I'm on vacation and not during my work. I have tried the laxative Mukofalc and it has really helped, I am only worried about the weakness I have all the time, especially in my legs and I have a strong heartbeat although my blood pressure is all right. I am going to get my blood tested tomorrow, maybe it's iron deficiency, I don't know.Thank youn again for the info!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thank you very much for the info, I will try massaging my stomach, I will also start yoga classes in a week. I have a lot of stress, better to say I had a lot of stress and maybe it's the result. I usually get the symptoms when I'm on vacation and not during my work. I have tried the laxative Mukofalc and it has really helped, I am only worried about the weakness I have all the time, especially in my legs and I have a strong heartbeat although my blood pressure is all right. I am going to get my blood tested tomorrow, maybe it's iron deficiency, I don't know.Thank youn again for the info!
if you have pain as intense as this, i'd say it's time for some tests, maybe a U.S of your abd. if it persists, go to the dr.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.