Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. this is gross so i apologize before hand. it freaked me out. i've never had this happen before...i just had a painful bm and it's green with red/pink in it. it isnt like coffee grounds so i know i'm not internally bleeding (i think that's how it goes?).is this normal? i swear i havent eaten anything out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Green is in the normal range of colors for BM. It can be from green foods, or from purple/blue food dyes (or grape juice).Bright red or pink can be from hemmaroids or anal bleeding (blood from higher up is digested, but right at the entrance is not). also anythign pink or red in the diet could have come through.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Green is in the normal range of colors for BM. It can be from green foods, or from purple/blue food dyes (or grape juice).Bright red or pink can be from hemmaroids or anal bleeding (blood from higher up is digested, but right at the entrance is not). also anythign pink or red in the diet could have come through.K.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Colors sure can freak us out. Last week I had a stool that was really light in color. Almost white in some spots. I think it was from some candy I ate. I even saw my doctor over it. He took blood tests, and I had an ultrasound done. Because I had my gallbladder out, and he was worried I had a stone stuck or something. Everything came back fine. So now I try not to flip over the color anymore! Jennifer

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Colors sure can freak us out. Last week I had a stool that was really light in color. Almost white in some spots. I think it was from some candy I ate. I even saw my doctor over it. He took blood tests, and I had an ultrasound done. Because I had my gallbladder out, and he was worried I had a stone stuck or something. Everything came back fine. So now I try not to flip over the color anymore! Jennifer

·
Registered
329 Posts
The coffee grounds thing refers to vomiting.If you vomit and its dark and looks like coffee ground, then you are vomiting blood.I've seen it happen to a friend who drank WAY too much alcohol and smoked too much weed one night.The things you learn in College

·
Registered
329 Posts
The coffee grounds thing refers to vomiting.If you vomit and its dark and looks like coffee ground, then you are vomiting blood.I've seen it happen to a friend who drank WAY too much alcohol and smoked too much weed one night.The things you learn in College

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.