Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here, so forgive me if someone has asked this question before. hate to be graphic here, but feel that I need to, so I can describe the symptoms. About two months ago I started having a pain that wasn't really in the abdomen, but sorta like a gas pain in the upper rectal area. It hurt to go to the bathroom, but the more I went the more relief I had. It hurt so bad that it hurt to even urinate. The pain lasted several days and then went totally away. It wasn't unbearable the whole time. It just felt like gas, but not in the usual places that I normally get those pains. I have had IBS for over 20 years, and mostly it is better now than in the beginning. I feel that maybe eggs is what set the pain off both times. Does this sound like ibs, or something else

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just wanted to add, that when I am sitting on the stool, it feels like I am not evacuating completely. Now this is only when I have had that gas pain, not normally. So the more I go, the better I feel. Sorry about the double post, I don't know what I am doing, as I only hit the post button once. Sorry.Karla

G

·
The symptoms you are describing seem fairly typical of IBS. Rectal hypersensitivity (where the rectum signals pain when it fills up and that tends to go away after a BM) and incomplete evacuation (feeling like you still need to go, or didn't go completely, sometimes even when there is no stool that needs to come out) are common with IBS.However, since you have had IBS for awhile and these symptoms are new to you, then it is probably time to have things re-evaluated. New symptoms should not be assumed to be IBS even when they are fairly typical of IBS.K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.