Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!Could someone please shead some light on stool consistency and color. I have IBS for atleat 10 years. Lately I've started experiencing severe heartburn 24/7 that doesn't change no matter how my diet changes. In addition, my stool colour seems to be all over the map from very dark to tan to extremely pale - regardless of whether I seem to be suffering from constipation or the big D. Has anyone else experienced this and if anyone has any advice it would be greatly welcome!!CJ

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, mine will change colour according to the diet. From green if I had vegetables to white if I had rice. I can also identify carrots, peas... cornflakes.Marta

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, mine will change colour according to the diet. From green if I had vegetables to white if I had rice. I can also identify carrots, peas... cornflakes.Marta

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Marta! Your reply is much appreciated. Does milk have any effect? Also, do you suffer from any chronic heartburn?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Marta! Your reply is much appreciated. Does milk have any effect? Also, do you suffer from any chronic heartburn?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pale stools can be a sign of liver disfunction but it's not a definite. You might want to ask your doctor. I get orange stools -- I think it's brighter when I'm eating a lot of bran. My color changes considerably, as well as the consistency. SO MUCH FUN!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pale stools can be a sign of liver disfunction but it's not a definite. You might want to ask your doctor. I get orange stools -- I think it's brighter when I'm eating a lot of bran. My color changes considerably, as well as the consistency. SO MUCH FUN!

·
Registered
249 Posts
CarolynJHave you tried a partial elimination diet? You might try eliminating fructose (orange and other juices/fruit) and all artificial sweeteners for a week and see if you start to improve. If that doesnt' help, try eliminating lactose or wheat. You should, of course, have a thorough check-up by a gastroenterologist if you haven't already. I found some of the information in a book called Self-Help Way to Treat Colitis and other IBS Conditions by Delamar Gibbons, M.D. helpful but you should always check with your own doctor.Good Luck!

·
Registered
249 Posts
CarolynJHave you tried a partial elimination diet? You might try eliminating fructose (orange and other juices/fruit) and all artificial sweeteners for a week and see if you start to improve. If that doesnt' help, try eliminating lactose or wheat. You should, of course, have a thorough check-up by a gastroenterologist if you haven't already. I found some of the information in a book called Self-Help Way to Treat Colitis and other IBS Conditions by Delamar Gibbons, M.D. helpful but you should always check with your own doctor.Good Luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts