Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok bear with me here - I've noticed whenever I have a D attack or at least just preceding the attack (is relived when i get D)I get a very painful cramp in my toe it could be coincidence but its just weird - my reflexologist told me the area relates to my ears but could be something lying along the extreme left side of my body?Any thoughts?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hmmm, I have no clue. It's only after a D attack? Otherwise I was thinking possibly Gout, but I have no clue. Sorry I couldn't be of much help. Hopefully someone else had a similar experience and can help you out.Kari

G

·
my thoughts would be..that the cramping in the toe might be a muscle spasm and the bowel is also experiencing a spasm prior to your D, perhaps all tension related...or perhaps it is a circulatory issue...are you cold when you experience this, eg your feet could easily cramp if they are very cold.i've also read that foot and calf cramps can be caused in part by eating alot of msg, eg hotdogs, deli meats, also milk but don't know whether this has been proven medically.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
G

·
here's another thought Saffie,if you are getting the foot cramp first, could the pain from that be then felt as a response in your gut and then the resulting diarrhea/bowel movement. May be lightning fast response but possible?[at least this is what my doc thinks...that it is our body's way of handling pain -either emotional or physical]

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ND I thought about your question and think the D is coming first its one particular toe and in just one area if im lying etc its ok only when I put pressure on it to walk then its painful and it doesnt happen every time I have D but dont think I have had toe cramps without the D - am going to monitor it to see if I get a pattern.Also I get painless D so its not as if Im getting painful gastric cramps? don't know if that is related or not.Friday had bad D and my toe was so sore I was limping had to go on a car journey so took medicine to try and sort my stomach out and noticed the pain in my toe also got better? Think my body is just totally confused.Poet sorry to hear you also experiene this because its not pleasant but yip apparently there are two of us with strange symtoms around which does kind of make me feel better in a sad way!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.