Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past few days I have had a pain on my right side just below the waistline, if I poke my finger in that spot , the pain is so bad I could scream. I had the same thing a long while back and it went away. Gallbaldder is out, so I knwo it is not that. Iam IBS D. Has anyone had this?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a tender spot too about 1 inch or so to the right of my belly button. its right at my waistline. Sometimes i just push down and try to move the pain. SOmetimes it works and I pass gas. other times it takes days to go away. Doc thinks it's just a gas pocket. I get scared because I always have it at the same spot and I can't figure out why. My gallbladder is fine too.Last year I had an abdominal CT scan and a MRI. Everything was fine. I hope this helps you

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a tender spot too about 1 inch or so to the right of my belly button. its right at my waistline. Sometimes i just push down and try to move the pain. SOmetimes it works and I pass gas. other times it takes days to go away. Doc thinks it's just a gas pocket. I get scared because I always have it at the same spot and I can't figure out why. My gallbladder is fine too.Last year I had an abdominal CT scan and a MRI. Everything was fine. I hope this helps you

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
I used to have an intermittant, very sharp pain right behind my belly button. I have no idea if they would be related, since that is right on my waistline. I was constant D at the time.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
I used to have an intermittant, very sharp pain right behind my belly button. I have no idea if they would be related, since that is right on my waistline. I was constant D at the time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep Knotty,I had this problem for maybe five years! Came and went. Had multiple ultrasounds looking for female reproductive type problems, then had colonoscopy. Nothing. Then last week that same old pain got more and more intense and didn't go away. Went to ER, had a few tests and examinations. They got excited when they actually looked for the appendix via ultrasound, it was up high, at waistband level, large and surrounded by fluid. Had it whipped out (very inflamed) and bingo, the pain is gone! I'm still recovering, but I can't wait to see if my bowel irritability settles down now that the appendix is gone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep Knotty,I had this problem for maybe five years! Came and went. Had multiple ultrasounds looking for female reproductive type problems, then had colonoscopy. Nothing. Then last week that same old pain got more and more intense and didn't go away. Went to ER, had a few tests and examinations. They got excited when they actually looked for the appendix via ultrasound, it was up high, at waistband level, large and surrounded by fluid. Had it whipped out (very inflamed) and bingo, the pain is gone! I'm still recovering, but I can't wait to see if my bowel irritability settles down now that the appendix is gone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI everyone, I am new to the boards and am really glad I found this place...I have been suffering from IBS with constipation for 10 years now...I have had gall bladder removed, complete hysterectomy(which by the way should have never been done) because come to find out, all the pain I was expierencing was due to the ibs problem. Thought pain would go away after hysterectomy and to my surprise, I still have it. my symptoms are of course costipation, with a swollen right lower abdomen, backache on lower right side, releif only comes when I finally go to the bathroom. I cannot take zelnorm right now at the moment cause I don't have health insurance and need a colonoscopy to be sure of no adehesions (which I know I probably have those from previous surgeries and laporoscopy surgeries. The pain is overwelming and has crippled me of my everyday life. I have tried many things to get some releif and nothing is working. I don't qualify for medicaid because I am not considered disabled, but on the other hand I can't get health insurance becuase of the IBS pre existing condition, I get denied every time. I don't know where to go to get the colonoscopy done so I can finally get some releif or atleast be treated for something other than just masking the pain. I stay away from painkillers because those just make me more constipated, but there are days that I do take one just so I can be pain free for a few hours. I drink metamucil twice a day, drink water, take 3 colaces a day, and try to eat as much fiber as possible each day and for the life of me I am still constipated. I also take dyclomine for the spased out colon, my stomach ties in knots and you can literally feel the knots in my stomach, then the severe pain starts until I go and relieve my selt only to go from constipation to diahrrea, Then and only them am I pain free, with no bloting, gas or pain until the next round starts again 2 or 3 days later...I need help and would like to know if there is any place I can go to have these test done. My last stomach doctor refuses to see me because of no insurance. I called him about 4 months ago because I was passing a lot of blood, he said he couldn't help me, I asked, what am I suppose to do just lay down and die and he said thats not his problem. He did remove polyps from my colon about 10 years ago and I feel I need to have another one done asap because of the passing blood. The polyps that I did have were benign but were also the type that if left untreated they could turn to cancer. Sorry this is so long, I welcome any suggestions, any programs where I may be able to get help on my problem. I am a 38 year old female. Thanks so much for any advice you may be able to help with...Summer1965

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI everyone, I am new to the boards and am really glad I found this place...I have been suffering from IBS with constipation for 10 years now...I have had gall bladder removed, complete hysterectomy(which by the way should have never been done) because come to find out, all the pain I was expierencing was due to the ibs problem. Thought pain would go away after hysterectomy and to my surprise, I still have it. my symptoms are of course costipation, with a swollen right lower abdomen, backache on lower right side, releif only comes when I finally go to the bathroom. I cannot take zelnorm right now at the moment cause I don't have health insurance and need a colonoscopy to be sure of no adehesions (which I know I probably have those from previous surgeries and laporoscopy surgeries. The pain is overwelming and has crippled me of my everyday life. I have tried many things to get some releif and nothing is working. I don't qualify for medicaid because I am not considered disabled, but on the other hand I can't get health insurance becuase of the IBS pre existing condition, I get denied every time. I don't know where to go to get the colonoscopy done so I can finally get some releif or atleast be treated for something other than just masking the pain. I stay away from painkillers because those just make me more constipated, but there are days that I do take one just so I can be pain free for a few hours. I drink metamucil twice a day, drink water, take 3 colaces a day, and try to eat as much fiber as possible each day and for the life of me I am still constipated. I also take dyclomine for the spased out colon, my stomach ties in knots and you can literally feel the knots in my stomach, then the severe pain starts until I go and relieve my selt only to go from constipation to diahrrea, Then and only them am I pain free, with no bloting, gas or pain until the next round starts again 2 or 3 days later...I need help and would like to know if there is any place I can go to have these test done. My last stomach doctor refuses to see me because of no insurance. I called him about 4 months ago because I was passing a lot of blood, he said he couldn't help me, I asked, what am I suppose to do just lay down and die and he said thats not his problem. He did remove polyps from my colon about 10 years ago and I feel I need to have another one done asap because of the passing blood. The polyps that I did have were benign but were also the type that if left untreated they could turn to cancer. Sorry this is so long, I welcome any suggestions, any programs where I may be able to get help on my problem. I am a 38 year old female. Thanks so much for any advice you may be able to help with...Summer1965

·
Registered
59 Posts
Have you tried contacting the public health dept. in your county? Or are you anywhere near a State University related clinic? I guess I really don't know anything about either, but would think that the public health department might have some avenues to explore . I have had the same experience you have had with having surgeries that did not give any relief. Am presently exploring celiac disease. It would be hard for you to get tested for this because of your lack of insurance, but you could try leaving out wheat barley and rye products from your diet. There's really more to it than that if you look under www.celiac.com you can get more information. It does sound like you need that colonoscopy, though and other tests . I hope you get some help soon. Ruth

·
Registered
59 Posts
Have you tried contacting the public health dept. in your county? Or are you anywhere near a State University related clinic? I guess I really don't know anything about either, but would think that the public health department might have some avenues to explore . I have had the same experience you have had with having surgeries that did not give any relief. Am presently exploring celiac disease. It would be hard for you to get tested for this because of your lack of insurance, but you could try leaving out wheat barley and rye products from your diet. There's really more to it than that if you look under www.celiac.com you can get more information. It does sound like you need that colonoscopy, though and other tests . I hope you get some help soon. Ruth

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi Summer
I don't really have any advice for you but I feel so sorry for your situation and suffering. You certainly sound like what's happening to you is disabling so how can anyone decline that you aren't is ridiculous! We're always moaning about the NHS in the UK and how slow it is but I cannot imagine how it must feel for a doctor to refuse to treat you because you cannot pay or have insurance, what sort of people are they? Don't get me wrong, everyone has to make a living but I've always thought that 'medical people' were precisely that, because they want to help people and make them better?! It really is a money orientated society that we live in, the whole world over - The world really has gone mad!!Sorry about my rant, I really wish I could offer you some help and advice, but I hope that someone out there can. Take care of yourself.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi Summer
I don't really have any advice for you but I feel so sorry for your situation and suffering. You certainly sound like what's happening to you is disabling so how can anyone decline that you aren't is ridiculous! We're always moaning about the NHS in the UK and how slow it is but I cannot imagine how it must feel for a doctor to refuse to treat you because you cannot pay or have insurance, what sort of people are they? Don't get me wrong, everyone has to make a living but I've always thought that 'medical people' were precisely that, because they want to help people and make them better?! It really is a money orientated society that we live in, the whole world over - The world really has gone mad!!Sorry about my rant, I really wish I could offer you some help and advice, but I hope that someone out there can. Take care of yourself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys...Thanks for the responses...in answer to me exploring other avenues, I have tried to go wishard hospital here Indianapolis and get in on their wishard advantage, but did not qualify because I didn't live in their county. I have tried my county but I live in a small community that is just now starting grow, who knows maybe one day they will have a program for me. My Boyfriend owns his own book bindery business and I do work for him when I can, I do his bookwork all the time and accounting so it is not like I don't work, I just don't have a set schedule. He/my boyfriend is fed up with my aching pains and has no sympthy or empathy for my situation, it absolutly drives me nuts, he say all the time you can get insurance, I say yea right...he thinks since he has money, he can buy anything at all including health insurance...he was just lucky and got a policy and 4 of mine didn't go thru...he says I just haven't found the right one. He's crazy and doesn't know what he is talking about..lol...Everytime I apply for insurance, I have to pay anywhere between 450.00 to 780 in premiums just so they will get the applications started, only to be denied have what little money I do have tied up for about 2 months before I get it back....What gives...I am so disappointed in the us's healthcare policies that I am ready to start writing letters to the president and senators and whoever else will listen...heck if I had enough people I would stage some sort of walk to the capitol to get things moving for me and anyone else who cannot get insurance. I have tried many diets, I stay away from milk almost completely, I don't eat fried foods. my biggest no no is sugar...lol...I love my chocolate, I am not overweight, I have stayed at the same weight of 140 for the past 5 years give or take a couple of lbs in the winter. but for the most part, I am healthy...Oh yea, I also smoke which is another huge no no for someone with stomach problems. I have been cutting back on the smokes and the chocolate, but still have the same problems...Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get people together to do some sort of protest about insurance, where would I start and how would I go about getting everything accomplished....Thanks so much for the input you have given me...I will keep trudging along until someday or one way or another I can be seen by a doctor and have the colonosocopy....I have been telling everyone I know, that the us should do what canada and have across the board taxes and free healthcare for everyone, that would nip this problem right in the bud! I agree wholeheartedly that this world has gone mad and has gotton very greedy! I will keep in touch and I hope you all are feeling great and can conquer your problems also. Ruth, I am checking out that link you posted! Thanks so much!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys...Thanks for the responses...in answer to me exploring other avenues, I have tried to go wishard hospital here Indianapolis and get in on their wishard advantage, but did not qualify because I didn't live in their county. I have tried my county but I live in a small community that is just now starting grow, who knows maybe one day they will have a program for me. My Boyfriend owns his own book bindery business and I do work for him when I can, I do his bookwork all the time and accounting so it is not like I don't work, I just don't have a set schedule. He/my boyfriend is fed up with my aching pains and has no sympthy or empathy for my situation, it absolutly drives me nuts, he say all the time you can get insurance, I say yea right...he thinks since he has money, he can buy anything at all including health insurance...he was just lucky and got a policy and 4 of mine didn't go thru...he says I just haven't found the right one. He's crazy and doesn't know what he is talking about..lol...Everytime I apply for insurance, I have to pay anywhere between 450.00 to 780 in premiums just so they will get the applications started, only to be denied have what little money I do have tied up for about 2 months before I get it back....What gives...I am so disappointed in the us's healthcare policies that I am ready to start writing letters to the president and senators and whoever else will listen...heck if I had enough people I would stage some sort of walk to the capitol to get things moving for me and anyone else who cannot get insurance. I have tried many diets, I stay away from milk almost completely, I don't eat fried foods. my biggest no no is sugar...lol...I love my chocolate, I am not overweight, I have stayed at the same weight of 140 for the past 5 years give or take a couple of lbs in the winter. but for the most part, I am healthy...Oh yea, I also smoke which is another huge no no for someone with stomach problems. I have been cutting back on the smokes and the chocolate, but still have the same problems...Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get people together to do some sort of protest about insurance, where would I start and how would I go about getting everything accomplished....Thanks so much for the input you have given me...I will keep trudging along until someday or one way or another I can be seen by a doctor and have the colonosocopy....I have been telling everyone I know, that the us should do what canada and have across the board taxes and free healthcare for everyone, that would nip this problem right in the bud! I agree wholeheartedly that this world has gone mad and has gotton very greedy! I will keep in touch and I hope you all are feeling great and can conquer your problems also. Ruth, I am checking out that link you posted! Thanks so much!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Maybe you could do some sort of appeal on this board and also other health boards to spark off some interest and get some backing. There must be some advice on the net about how to start off a petition and so on. Best of luck anyway!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Maybe you could do some sort of appeal on this board and also other health boards to spark off some interest and get some backing. There must be some advice on the net about how to start off a petition and so on. Best of luck anyway!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ok I heard one of you guys say something about a gas pocket. What is that and do you have to get it removed can you? Also I notice on the lower left side of my abdomen I notice I always feel a tender bloated feeling there. It just feels weird than the rest of my stomach. What can this be?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.