Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't know about the tingly fingers and toes, but the fatigue and dizziness are certainly associated with dehydration. A good antedote for dehydration is applesauce. I eat it a lot when the D kicks in with full force...Hope you feel better
agdbaby

·
Registered
369 Posts
I get dehydrated a lot now that it is hot outside and gatorade has been great for that.It can be very dangerous if you don't get enough water and it is hard to drink water when you have diarrhea.I hope you are feeling better soon!I have the big D too today,so i can relate!-wendi- :love:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My brother has been going thru this too. First, are you lightheaded or are you dizzy? He went to ER with severe lightheadedness. Turns out his blood sugar was way out of whack. Head CT showed nothing amiss but his doctor ordered an MRI just to be safe (which he had this morning). He also has the tingling in his arms, hands, and shins as well as some numb spots in these locations. Doctor prescribed him folic acid and within days the tingling and numbness subsided. I talked with him this a.m. after his MRI and he said that there is only one spot in his hand which tingles. So seeing what he's been thru, I would definately have this evaluated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone! I have an appointment with my doctor for this afternoon, so hopefully I can get this cleared up... but yes, I am finding that I'm getting more and more lightheaded and there are tingly and numb spots all over the place. Kinda scaring me... but I'm sure it will end up okay.
Thanks again, all!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Andrea - I'd be interested to know what your dr. says and what tests are ordered for you. Sounds very similar to my brother's symptoms. I asked him this also, have you been exposed to Lyme's Disease? My brother is very outdoorsy and spends alot of time up at our cabin in Wisconsin. He said he would mention Lyme's to the dr. at his next visit. I talked with him yesterday and he said there's nothing yet on the MRI. He'll call me as soon as he hears.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi, thanks to a post by SoAnnoying on the diarrhea board, I've just discovered this. Go to www.mvpsupport.com.I'm POSITIVE that I have this. It's Mitral Valve Prolapse. It's a heart defect that is not life threatening or even in need of medication that causes many symptoms, one of which is IBS! Some of the other big symptoms are dizziness, light-headedness and tingling in fingers and toes.It has made me feel unbelievably better to see all of my non-IBS symptoms on the list. All I have to do is see my doc and have him listen to my heart for a diagnosis. It won't cure the IBS, but at least I feel like there's a reason. Go to the web site- you really should read about MVP!THANK YOU SOANNOYING!!! :love: Amy

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi everyone,Thanks so much for all the advice! I ended up going to the doctor yesterday and he thinks it's just dehydration/electrolyte imbalance since I have diarrhea 8 or 9 times a day. He recommended that I drink Gatorade (thanks GailSusan!) and eat applesauce (thanks agdbaby!). I will be having some bloodwork done today, too, just to be sure.take care all,
Andrea

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.