Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...I'm Don. I've had IBS since I was 15...It was a Spastic Duodenum then (Mucous Colitis also). Anywa, I've gone through it all...had it largely under control, but recently (the last six months), I started hearing noises. LOUD colon noises-had then when I was younger too. What I didn't have was bloating. All of a sudden I've got bloating...can be in the center...then the left side...then lower (as it moves, you can actually feel it. If you press down it's as hard as can be. Now (excuse this next part), if I lay down on my left side for an hour...some where along the line...Pow!! Fart fest. (Sorry). Then it's...'I feel great-let's eat!' Here's the questions: Has anyone else ever had one set of IBS symptoms...then get another. Also...does anybody else get Bloating as a major symptom?Hope that all made sense.ThanksDon

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Bloating can be a real problem for some IBSers.That it goes away with a fart-fest (and assuming a gender of male for Don
) tends to point to IBS types of issues. As well as it comes and goes.Usually the more worrisome bloating, like you get with ovary problems, is constant all the time and nothing makes it go away at all.That being said, when you have a major change in symptoms it is worth running it past the doctor, and if you haven't had a physical in a while to get a check up to make sure nothing new is going on.If the bloating seems gas related, probiotics (which may reduce gas volume for some people) or limiting starchy carbs (as well as seeing if lactose or fructose is a problem or are you eating stuff with sugar alcohols in them) can also reduce gas as that is less food for the bacteria (non-probiotic) that make gas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts