Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I broke down and bought a small packet of these new candy-like calcium supplements yesterday. On the one hand, I'm so reluctant to change my treatment plan (why mess with something that works, right?). But, on the other hand, I just have to be curious about a med masking as my favorite food group....Chocolate! Finally got up the nerve to try one -- the Moccachino flavor is very yummy.Each 20 calorie piece has 500 mg of calcium carbonate, 100 iu of Vitamin D, and 40 mg of Vitamin K. I'm such a chicken that I probably wouldn't substitute this entirely for my usual Caltrate & citrate but it makes for a nice change once in a while.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weelllll.....the logical anser is that I know it has essentially the same ingedients, so it's really not that big a risk. The illogical answer is that, like my cats, curiosity will always get the better of me.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's an update: Nature Made has a competitive product. Calcium chews in two flavors, chocolate and cherry. I checked the ingredients list and, unfortunately, it has a few undesirable ingredients like mannitol (can cause diarrhea), hydrogenated oils (we know how bad those are), and way more sugar, corn syrup and artifical ingredients. Too bad, 'cause they're a little cheaper than the Viactiv and Nature Made is usually a good company.BTW, I suffered no ill effects from substituting the Viactiv for the Caltrate. I might try this again today if I'm feeling brave.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yum Yum -- take your medicine and like it, is what I say!The FULL saying reads "Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought him back."*big cheshire cat grin*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts