Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
This stuff is sooooo bad - even with aspartame-laden Crystal-light. I'm on day six and even though it's 3:00pm I haven't had it today. Just the thought makes me feel nauseous. Day one I could only get down “600” Calories, Days two and three “900” Cal and days four and five “1200” Cal. Last night I had acid reflux and my whole mouth (saliva) tasted like Vivonex. So gross! Brushing my teeth didn’t help. Today I feel nauseous (like I have been from day one) but now I have yellow diarrhea and foul gas. Unfortunately I have hemorrhoids which have been irritated. I want to do this for 14 days but I don’t know if I can make it. I’m also burping quite a bit. I wonder if my SIBO is really high up in my small intestines because I still have gas (upper and lower). The antibiotics I took for SIBO didn’t seem to have helped much. I also lost about five pounds and it’s only day six! I now weigh 93 Lbs. so I can’t afford to lose. I worried how much more I will lose in the next eight days! Did anyone else here have a hard time with this?

·
Registered
546 Posts
This stuff is sooooo bad - even with aspartame-laden Crystal-light. I'm on day six and even though it's 3:00pm I haven't had it today. Just the thought makes me feel nauseous. Day one I could only get down "600" Calories, Days two and three "900" Cal and days four and five "1200" Cal. Last night I had acid reflux and my whole mouth (saliva) tasted like Vivonex. So gross! Brushing my teeth didn't help. Today I feel nauseous (like I have been from day one) but now I have yellow diarrhea and foul gas. Unfortunately I have hemorrhoids which have been irritated. I want to do this for 14 days but I don't know if I can make it. I'm also burping quite a bit. I wonder if my SIBO is really high up in my small intestines because I still have gas (upper and lower). The antibiotics I took for SIBO didn't seem to have helped much. I also lost about five pounds and it's only day six! I now weigh 93 Lbs. so I can't afford to lose. I worried how much more I will lose in the next eight days! Did anyone else here have a hard time with this?
grumbly,I did Vivonex Plus twice. I had the yellow diarrhea. Yeah, it's hard. It sounds like you are working with a doctor. The doctor should be able to tell you what the risks are for losing more weight.I was surprised how little weight I actually lost. I had very little energy when I was doing the regimen. I stopped going to the gym, for example.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, twice Moises!? I don't think I could do this again. But those are the things that we do when we are desperate enough, right?Well I just made it through day eleven! I've wanted to quit so many times but now I see the finish line. Luckily I've only lost another pound or so since my five pound loss. My memory/thinking and eyesight is really messed up now due to all the aspertame so I can't wait to finish! I haven't had D in the last couple days, infact no BM's at all. I just have tons of gas - mostly trapped so I'm in a lot of pain. Gas is the main problem I'm trying to get rid of. It has had a disasterous affect on my life. I'm pretty bummed as it seems like this is not working. If all this is pre-digested then why all the gas???? What are those little bacteria buggers feeding on? Shouldn't they be dead by now (after two rounds of antibitoics and eleven days of Vivonex)?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Just a thought, but I have read many people report gas & other GI symptoms with use of aspertame.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Wow, twice Moises!? I don't think I could do this again. But those are the things that we do when we are desperate enough, right?Well I just made it through day eleven! I've wanted to quit so many times but now I see the finish line. Luckily I've only lost another pound or so since my five pound loss. My memory/thinking and eyesight is really messed up now due to all the aspertame so I can't wait to finish! I haven't had D in the last couple days, infact no BM's at all. I just have tons of gas - mostly trapped so I'm in a lot of pain. Gas is the main problem I'm trying to get rid of. It has had a disasterous affect on my life. I'm pretty bummed as it seems like this is not working. If all this is pre-digested then why all the gas???? What are those little bacteria buggers feeding on? Shouldn't they be dead by now (after two rounds of antibitoics and eleven days of Vivonex)?
If you carefully read some of the statistics is Pimentel's book, you can create a narrative explaining why Vivonex won't always work. A small percentage of SIBOers have bacterial overgrowth in the very uppermost portion of the small intestine. So, in theory, the glucose from the Vivonex could be feeding those bacteria, since they have access to the glucose before it is absorbed.Another theory is that you (and I) have bacterial overgrowth in the stomach.Sorry it didn't work for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.