Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey...I am watching "The View" right now and they have a doctor on talking about a virtual colonoscopy ($600) that is like a CAT scan where you have no prep and all they do is put a little air in your colon and then you go in the machine and out twice (one laying on back, one on stomach). It takes about 30 seconds and then through a computer they look for polyps. The only way you would have to get a real colonoscopy is if they found polyps. Sounds like good news to me...since after the fact I had no polyps. This would have been much better. Has anyone had this procedure?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Blah, NOW THEY'RE TALKING!!! No prep????? You wouldn't be teasin' me would ya??? The only drawback I can see is that we wouldn't be able to have the biopsies done. And they can really tell the story for some folks. But what an advance! BQ

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Sounds like the way to go! 'cept, I have polyps, so it's just as well to get it all done with at one time for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Blah, I saw that too, but the doctor did say he had to do the prep, otherwise they wouldn't be able to see the walls of the colon. Still, it seems a lot easier than the regular colonoscopy. Wish I could do that instead of the regular one, but I'm sure my insurance company wouldn't go for it.
Sharon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts