Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that each time I go away visiting either my parents or my fiancee's parents, I have a crisis. My belly is all messed up and I am sick for a couple of days before I get home. I am not sure if this happens because of the way they cook or has a psychological explanation and the usual nagging (LOL) is part of it. I had been good for two weeks when I visited my parents this weekend and while I was there I got really sick and had D. The second I was back home everything went back to normal again. This is not the first time this happens. I get this either I am visiting my parents or his. It's even worse with his....we both get sick then. LOL I am wondering if they cook the food differently or something, I am pretty sure their food has more fat in it and stuff and they don't use only olive oil for cooking like I do. Anyway, something is going wrong each time we visit them....that I became afraid to go and see any of them lately. I also noticed that things are much better if I don't stay in bed for too long after I wake up. If I wake up, jump right out of bed and start moving around the house I get myself I nice good BM
... tips and tricks for IBS users ... LOL

·
Registered
722 Posts
Does your parents and future in laws not understand about IBS?That a lot of us need to be very careful about what we eat,or maybe you could cook something yourself when you are visiting?I would rather do that than feel sick!

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I know for dieters, a lot of people will make their own low cal meals to take for holiday dinners. If you haven't talked about your problems, maybe this is the time. I am pretty sure that most of us parents really do want our kids and their partners to enjoy coming for visits. It may be difficult for them to change what they cook or how they cook it; but there should be a work around for that. As far as nagging, good luck. (I left the country. It worked; but it was a pretty extreme solution.)Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts