Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...my doc has ordered labs because I've been complaining of feeling extremely lethargic, dizzy, tired, my eyes seem to dance around, I cannot concentrate.Anyway...he's going to check all my liver function, pancreatic enzymes and the standard blood panel...Could IBS cause anemia/vitamin deficiency and make people feel like ####?I'm wondering because most of the time I see lots of undigested food in my stool. Lots of tiny bits of food w/ small gobs of cloudy mucous.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
All humans have undigested food in their stool.IBS should not cause anemia or vitamin deficiences.Anemia can make you feel extremely tired and lousy.If you come back anemic it may be worth getting checked for celiac disease as well as supplementing with what you need. Especially if you are iron deficient.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Manito, I get a fair share of undigested food in my stool. My bowels travel super quick, and have seen stuff as quick as 3 hours after I ate it(Fried Okra seeds)There has also been times that I have eaten green beans and literally had a stool that had a full green bean attatched to the side of it. That was actually quite funny. Most vegetables do not digest well with me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts