Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is something interesting I found on a different site where someone talked about having a fecal body smell.There are several causes of fecal body odor. The most common cause is constipation. When a person is constipated the walls of the colon are generally packed or lined with accumulated feces from extended periods of intestinal overloading. When wastes from the blood arrive at the inner wall of the colon, the hardened feces prevent their passage through this wall. Since blood circulates through every organ in body, toxins in the blood contaminate the entire body. Other causes may be anatomic considerations. Examples include rectal prolapse, weakness of the anal sphincter or decreased rectal compliance. A flexible sigmoidoscopy can be considered to inspect the distal colon and anus. Other tests you may want to discuss with your personal physician include an endorectal ultrasound to evaluate for structural abnormalities or anorectal manometry to evaluate for anal sphincter dysfunction. Some studies have shown that intake of vitamin K can control fecal body odor - I would discuss this option with your personal physician.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:There are several causes of fecal body odor. The most common cause is constipation. When a person is constipated the walls of the colon are generally packed or lined with accumulated feces from extended periods of intestinal overloading. When wastes from the blood arrive at the inner wall of the colon, the hardened feces prevent their passage through this wall. Since blood circulates through every organ in body, toxins in the blood contaminate the entire body.
This is a fabrication. See http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelate...ics/gastro.html
quote:Some studies have shown that intake of vitamin K can control fecal body odor
Sounds made up to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.