Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you have got ibs is it important to take vitamins etc? my doc has never spoken to me about any of this.I have a holland and barrett health store near me so buying them would not be a problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I can't think of a reason that an IBSers would need different/more vitamins than anyone else.However, if you find a pretty limited diet controls your symptoms it may be worth looking at the diet (like run it through a program to get the nutritional info) and see if there is something you are missing that you absolutely should be taking. For instance people who avoid dairy may not get enough calcium and would want to supplement.Now there are somethings that may be helpful, but not because it is IBS but more general stuff.Like people who are lacking energy might want to take a B-complex as well as vitamin D and selenium because that set of vitamins seems to help people who are running a bit low feel better.K.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
joolie,I have only found multi vitamins to make things worse if you are dealing with diarrhea. Vitamin A, C and E and magnesium which is usually in a multi vitamin will only add to the diarrhea.Linda

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.