Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iwant to try the Pimentel protocol with vivonex but can't really afford it. Does anyone know if there is a cheaper alternative? It seems like juice fasting might serve the same purpose. I would really appreciate any feedback on this subject. I have taken the rifax/neomycin treatment. That did not help at all but I still convinced that SIBO is the proble. Anyway,Thanks.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was really surprised that my GI was willing to give me the rifximin and neomycin. I just brought the book with me and showed them. One of her partners was familiar with Pimentel. I was not breath tested. There is not a local machine like the one Pimentel reccomends in the book. I thought they would make do it by mail before they prescribed the medicine. And believe me when I say that I was really dissapointed when my symptoms did not improve. They have actually been a little worse since taking the antibiotics. I did follow the dietay guidelines in the book by the way. Anyway, good luck with your appointment and thanks for your thoughts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.