Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had SIBO for years and managed it with Cipro and Flagyl. I was having more symptoms -- bloating, pain, lack of appetite, loose stools, when an animal bite put me on amoxcillan. I was leery of it because a couple of penicillins pills started the new symptoms, but I read that amoxcillan was used for SIBO and IBS, so I hoped for the best. I did not get it. I had already been presented with Xifaxan, which I hoped would work better, and I waited a month and took it. It was horrible, I became very sick. Since then it has an up and down struggle -- A colonoscopy made me feel better and I thought it was over, only to get much sicker -- I am not sure why. But perhaps I ate too much and not the right thing, or perhaps it just grew back more nasty than before, because the bad out weighed the good I bit the bullet and tried Cipro and Flagyl, but they caused burning agony. I stopped at the doctors orders and there was another C. Diff test, the sixth I've had in the past year -- all negative. The docto says it is highly unlikely that I am even colonized, considering that. I struggled through another 3 months, living on Boost Very High calorie. Things predictably went worse, so I decided to try Vivionex-- hey, the wash out worked didn't it? But now I feel worse after a week and and am wondering if I need to stop before I mess up the balance again. I've got a call in for the doctor, but you know how that goes.
Is it time to stop the Vivonex? How long does it take to kill stuff by not feeding it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
u felt better on colonscopy bcoz they blow air oxygen in the intestine to travel better with camera in the corners.

the air/oxygen KILLS anaerobic bacterial overgrowth. anaerobic bacteria cant survive in oxygen.

I too had 7 days remission after a scope. I researched on the internet and discovered the anaerobics cant live in air oxygen, so they die.

It wasnt the prep we had to drink before the scope.

I did try take the prep months later for 2 times and it never did a thing!

Its the bacteria that die if they touch oxygen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.