Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just recently diagnoised with IBS, it started with rectal pressure and vomiting when I had a bm.Most of that is gone now, I go from c to d and back all the time, but it is controllable. My question is does anyone, besides me, ever feel like they are going to vomit when they have a bm. It doesn't happen all the time and its happens when I feel like all my insides are coming out. I get that feeling in my mouth and it's all I can do to NOT vomit.I was wondering if anyone else has this weird symptom? Thanks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
the only time i get the vomiting is when the IBS-D attack is combined with a panic attack. Then I can keep nothing down. Of course a D attack can now bring on a panic attack so who knows which one is really the problem anymore.melissa

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hi Beybit. I have only had that problem after eating a trriger food that didn't agree with me. I would get a stomach spasm along with vomit & D. Plus, feel like I had eaten hot salsa. Have you told your doctor of this problem? You may need to take some meds to relax your stomach. Maybe Bentyl or a mild anti-depressant drug. Try a motion-sickness pill like bonine to see if that helps the nausea. ------------------

·
Registered
538 Posts
It's me again. Could it be a certain food that is tainted because lack of refrig eration? It would be normal for your body to want to clean it out of your system real fast. Do you take vitamins without food? Do you take meds without food? Keep a journal to see when that happens. Play detective.------------------

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know this is a weird symptom so I will try and explain. I take bentyl and prevacid and I don't think it's related to the meds. When I have to go to the bathroom and it's not diahrea but it completely cleans me out and I get nauseated. It's like I have to go so much it makes me sick. That's how this all started for me. I would have a bm and vomit at the same time and it didn't matter, what I ate. I was on a clear diet and still vomiting when I had a bm. It's really strange. They've done a colonoscopy, upper gi, ultra sound of my gall bladder and liver, cat scan. Everything came up negative and the symptoms have pretty much gone away, I occassionally (usually once a week) get that feeling like I'm going to vomit when I have a bm. Thanks for trying to help me, this is really strange. bump

·
Registered
129 Posts
I get that too sometimes, but only when I am feeling that "urgent" need to go, whether it's D or not. I asked my doctor about this, and he said that IBS can affect the WHOLE digestive systym, including the stomach. When I am feeling the need to go, my gut goes into spasms, and it usually passes up to my stomach, which makes me vomit, or sometimes just feel like I am going to. So, I too have that symptom. Mine just occurs once a week or so, but I know exactly what you are talking about. But, recently, my problem has been nausea and vomiting, and my D problems have cleared up. Gave me prilosecto try, but so far it isn't helping any. I hope this helps you some.Aimee Lashlee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Aimee, I was beginning to think I was the only one with this. I still don't think the dr. understands it. I seem perfectly fine now but I was off work for 2 weeks and 2 days with IBS symptoms and tests. I am concerned about it happening again and when I get that feeling (like I want to vomit) during a bm, I always wonder if it's coming back. I am hoping with the prevacid and bentyl and watching my diet better will help. thanks for your input.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi:I totally know what your talking about with the vomiting. I don't know if anything more fun then vomiting at the same time as D!I don't have the vomiting all the time. Only every couple of months when a really really bad attack hits me. I can't explain the feeling in my mouth . . . it's almost like it is swelling . . . strange I know.I don't take any meds and I can't find a common food that causes it. Tess

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I thought I was doing ok. I ate a turkey sandwhich for lunch and have been in the bathroom 3x. Then I started reading this site again and see how IBS comes and goes. Oh well, just have to learn how to live with this I guess.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I cannot believe you actually have the same symptoms as I do. Although I never vomit, I SWEAR I am going to when I have a bm. Infact, a good deal of the time I feel WORSE after a BM, because I am a lot more nauseous after the BM than before I had it. I have bad nausea problems as it is, but a lot of the time it gets a lot worse after a BM and I could never figure out why. Believe it or not, sometimes I even try to hold in the BM for fear of the nausea that comes on after it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I actually have Ulcerative Colitis, and I have had this happen. When I'm going through a particularly bad flare-up (like now), I actually dread going to the bathroom. The minute the cramps start, I know the pain is coming. Usually I can get through it without vomiting, although that sometimes happens. I keep a trash can right by the toilet just in case. Even though I don't always vomit, I do usually feel nauseated. I guess maybe it is our body's way of dealing with the pain. It's frustrating though, I know what you mean!! Lately, I can get weepy when I get those horrible cramps, because I KNOW what I'm in for. I usually start a hot bath running beforehand, because about the only thing that stops the pain and nausea is to get into a hot bath afterwards.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am SOOO glad to hear someone else gets nauseated too! Even the doctors I've been to have been perplexed by the nausea.Most times the nausea is even worse for me than the diarrhea. I've gotten the sweats from it in public...people think it's a panic attack, but it's not.I've only found one thing that helps with this kind of nausea...ice pops. I have no idea why, but they make me feel a little better. Unfortunately, ice pops aren't always available.Can't wait til they bring lotronex back!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts