Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys...When I have done many search's on IBS I dont see where Vomiting & Nausea is one of the signs of IBS...Most of the time when I get the BIG D when it it really really bad...I get really sick and throw-up for hours. I have alot of anti-nausea medicine that I take. I know I dont have anything other then IBS...Does anyone experience the nausea and vomiting at time...I get so sick I just lay on the bathroom floor or sitting on the toilet and head in the trashcan...It might be that the pain is so bad that's what causes the vomiting......Every test comes back nothing is the matter.....Please give me some feedback if this has been a problem with anyone else but me.......------------------"If you always do what you have always did, You'll always get what you always got "

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
While vomiting is not a symptoms of IBS, there are other functional GI problems and some of those are vomiting. ( http://www.merck.com/pubs/mmanual/section3/chapter21/21d.htm )It could be that either the same things triggers both problems, or one problem sets off the other.K.------------------ kmottus###aol.com�When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall�Think of it, ALWAYS. �Mahatma GandhiMy story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
While vomiting is not a symptoms of IBS, there are other functional GI problems and some of those are vomiting. ( http://www.merck.com/pubs/mmanual/section3/chapter21/21d.htm )It could be that either the same things triggers both problems, or one problem sets off the other.K.------------------ kmottus###aol.com�When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall�Think of it, ALWAYS. �Mahatma GandhiMy story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ThanksI did go there and read it ... when you said one problem could offset the other one and I never though about that...When I was at John Hopkins "Marvin Schuster clinic" several years back they said it could possible be Cyclic vomiting Syndrome and I have done some research on that over the internet but never went back to the clinic...I have read on the board several people get sick (vomiting) when they get an attack but the majority of symptons dont include nausea and vomiting..------------------"If you always do what you have always did, You'll always get what you always got "

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ThanksI did go there and read it ... when you said one problem could offset the other one and I never though about that...When I was at John Hopkins "Marvin Schuster clinic" several years back they said it could possible be Cyclic vomiting Syndrome and I have done some research on that over the internet but never went back to the clinic...I have read on the board several people get sick (vomiting) when they get an attack but the majority of symptons dont include nausea and vomiting..------------------"If you always do what you have always did, You'll always get what you always got "

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
ohnometo, one condition that a percentage of IBSers have is dyspepsia.This is some info on it and it can cause nausea. http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/health/hi_files/.../dyspepsia.html I personally am doing a lot of research on Hypnotherapy for IBS and other funtional GI disorders. They have pretty much proven it effective for IBS in the majority of people who use it, but know they are starting to look at it for other funtional GI symptoms and conditions. So this is just for your information.This is new from the UNC the top IBS research center in the country."Hypnotherapy is another non-pharmacological treatment for IBS. Peter Whorwell's group at the University of South Manchester have shown the efficacy of hypnotherapy in improving symptoms, quality of life, and more recently the long term treatments of functional dyspepsia. The results of a randomized controlled study, by Emma L. Calvert, in which patients either received hypnotherapy, conventional treatment with ranitidine 150mg twice daily, or supportive therapy for 16 weeks showed that the improvements in functional dyspepsia were similar between the 3 groups. However, long-term hypnotherapy was superior to other treatments in improving the quality of life and in reducing the need for medication. Another study presented by Giuseppe Chiarioni from Verona, Italy showed increased gastric emptying in response to hypnotic relaxation with gut-oriented suggestions in healthy controls and patients with functional dyspepsia. Again the effect was greater in patients who received hypnotherapy than with Cisapride. The efficacy of hypnotherapy warrants additional studies."Full text. http://www.med.unc.edu/medicine/fgidc/psyc...ial_factors.htm ------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
ohnometo, one condition that a percentage of IBSers have is dyspepsia.This is some info on it and it can cause nausea. http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/health/hi_files/.../dyspepsia.html I personally am doing a lot of research on Hypnotherapy for IBS and other funtional GI disorders. They have pretty much proven it effective for IBS in the majority of people who use it, but know they are starting to look at it for other funtional GI symptoms and conditions. So this is just for your information.This is new from the UNC the top IBS research center in the country."Hypnotherapy is another non-pharmacological treatment for IBS. Peter Whorwell's group at the University of South Manchester have shown the efficacy of hypnotherapy in improving symptoms, quality of life, and more recently the long term treatments of functional dyspepsia. The results of a randomized controlled study, by Emma L. Calvert, in which patients either received hypnotherapy, conventional treatment with ranitidine 150mg twice daily, or supportive therapy for 16 weeks showed that the improvements in functional dyspepsia were similar between the 3 groups. However, long-term hypnotherapy was superior to other treatments in improving the quality of life and in reducing the need for medication. Another study presented by Giuseppe Chiarioni from Verona, Italy showed increased gastric emptying in response to hypnotic relaxation with gut-oriented suggestions in healthy controls and patients with functional dyspepsia. Again the effect was greater in patients who received hypnotherapy than with Cisapride. The efficacy of hypnotherapy warrants additional studies."Full text. http://www.med.unc.edu/medicine/fgidc/psyc...ial_factors.htm ------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i get the same way when i have a bad attack and no one else seems to have this trouble i get very sick and can vomit for days phenegran helps some but the pain comes right back and i get sick again a lot of people say this isn't a symptom but i don't know what else i may have since the tests i have had were all "normal" i get very severe pain and i also will go from getting very cold and shaky to getting very hot. its pure hell and i have had many many days where i could do nothing but lie on the bathroom floor if you find out anything let me in on it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i get the same way when i have a bad attack and no one else seems to have this trouble i get very sick and can vomit for days phenegran helps some but the pain comes right back and i get sick again a lot of people say this isn't a symptom but i don't know what else i may have since the tests i have had were all "normal" i get very severe pain and i also will go from getting very cold and shaky to getting very hot. its pure hell and i have had many many days where i could do nothing but lie on the bathroom floor if you find out anything let me in on it.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ziggy,I know I can get so so so sick when those attacks are bad...I am just like you laying on the bathroom floor and I can be so sick for days that I have to go to the hospital and get IV..I have phenegran but its hard to use when you cant keep anything down or even in the supositories when you have the run's...This is what throws the Dr's off they say with IBS you cant get this sick...I do------------------"If you always do what you have always did, You'll always get what you always got "

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ziggy,I know I can get so so so sick when those attacks are bad...I am just like you laying on the bathroom floor and I can be so sick for days that I have to go to the hospital and get IV..I have phenegran but its hard to use when you cant keep anything down or even in the supositories when you have the run's...This is what throws the Dr's off they say with IBS you cant get this sick...I do------------------"If you always do what you have always did, You'll always get what you always got "

·
Registered
462 Posts
I frequently vomit during a bad attack of IBS. I think it is because my colonic spasms are so strong they carry up to the stomach and force a turning, vomiting response. I mean this upsets your stomach!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I frequently vomit during a bad attack of IBS. I think it is because my colonic spasms are so strong they carry up to the stomach and force a turning, vomiting response. I mean this upsets your stomach!

G

·
GET AN MRI OF HEAD WITH ANF WITHOUT CONTRAST YOU MIGHT BE HAVING SOMETHINHG GOING ON WITH YOUR HEAE. N/V =OBSTRTUCTION OR CNS LESSION--PROBABLY NOT IBS IS TRICKY------------------

G

·
GET AN MRI OF HEAD WITH ANF WITHOUT CONTRAST YOU MIGHT BE HAVING SOMETHINHG GOING ON WITH YOUR HEAE. N/V =OBSTRTUCTION OR CNS LESSION--PROBABLY NOT IBS IS TRICKY------------------

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JULIO VELAThanks for the insight !! Could you please explain to me alittle more of the test you are talking about ? and the meaning of them.------------------"If you always do what you have always did, You'll always get what you always got "

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JULIO VELAThanks for the insight !! Could you please explain to me alittle more of the test you are talking about ? and the meaning of them.------------------"If you always do what you have always did, You'll always get what you always got "

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.