Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
does anyone vomit alot and has anyone lost any weight
I have been on the IBSD forums for two years or so and have not seen that posted. Are you extremely constipated? Has this been going on long, is it severe? If so, you may need to go to the ER. I hope you have been evaluated by a doctor. If you have been vomiting for several days with weight loss, you could be dehydrated and need urgent treatment. If it is only when you have a bowel movement and infrequent, I have heard about that happening but do not know why. You may want to try your question in the thread under IBS-D, IBS-C, IBS-A or other GI disease groups such as crohns or UC.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Are you IBS D?I only ask this because Zofran/Odansetron is for vomiting but also helps with IBS D or so I'm told.Could you try this medication?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I take motilium for sickness, it works well for me but not for everyone, and doctors in their unscientific way will say 50% of people on IBS find it makes symptoms worse and 50% find it makes symptoms better.I only take it as and when required but you can take it all the time if needed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't vomit a lot. I only starting vomitting from this around November, and it's about once a month. I usually lose some weight with it, but I am still overweight...working on both simultaneously is hard. Anyway, for me I can't take anything. I find pepto constipates me more. But I also don't vomit a lot. If you are seriously vomitting more than once a day for several days or months...I think you should go to your PCP or Gastroenterologist. It could be you have gall stones or a blockage--or something less severe like a virus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.