Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently had great experience with the refrigerated VSL 3 packets. These have significantly reduced bloating/gas and helped with stool consistency.Additionally, Florastor helped me out a lot in the beginning.Many other probiotics have made my symptoms worse, such as align and accuflora. So for those of you who have not had a good experience with probiotics, my experience is that some are much more helpful than others. My background is post-infectious IBS-D. I am not completely cured, but have been able to manage my symptoms much better lately.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, since this is the otc discussion, it is worth noting that the only treatments that have helped me have been over the counter. besides vsl3 and florastor, i also find that ginger capsules (~2000mg a day) help with gas and bloating, and good ole immodium helps with the d.
I have recently had great experience with the refrigerated VSL 3 packets. These have significantly reduced bloating/gas and helped with stool consistency.Additionally, Florastor helped me out a lot in the beginning.Many other probiotics have made my symptoms worse, such as align and accuflora. So for those of you who have not had a good experience with probiotics, my experience is that some are much more helpful than others. My background is post-infectious IBS-D. I am not completely cured, but have been able to manage my symptoms much better lately.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there,

Do you have an update on your condition? I have PI IBS D I am 4 months in and just wish to get back to some normality, it's difficult to think I might always be this way, or I may have years being this way. How have you progressed?

I agree on Florastor - I too have found this the most helpful probiotic, I am just embarking on VSL3 - time will tell how good this is. It's just so expensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts