Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no pain during the night but wake up and a few minutes later...wham! Upper right abdomenal pain,"gurgling" sounds and sometimes D.My diet seems to make no difference as far as I can figure out.Anyone else similar?Thanks!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Welcome to your colon's biological clock
In every person the colon "wakes up" around the time we wake up and at this time has it's highest activity level of the whole day.It also gets more active after meals, so it is not suprising that people with IBS often have symptoms when they get up in the morning, and after meals.K.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
What's really irritating is waking up just urinate and then hopefully go back to sleep afterwards, but by the time you're crawling back under the covers to return to sleep, the colon decides it is awake now and won't let you go back to sleep. I've been suffering a really bad bout of that for the past 4-5 nights or so!

·
Registered
663 Posts
my clock is also screwed up. I'm waking up every morning at about 3-4'clock with stomach pain, just sort of enough to wake you up, not sharp stabbing, just kind of dull and achy, again, under ribs. Then passing gas, then have to go pee and poop.Why in the world can you eat relatively healthy and have pain (and I've timed this repeatedly) many hours later? I know, I know, it's in the colon now.Hey, I've got an idea. Anybody want to trade parts?? ah,, just a thought.........

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
If it happens every day regardless of what you eat it may not be food.The colon's nervous system may just be going off for reasons other than food.Basically my philosophy (and with me when the IBS was bad it was every meal caused severe pain after every meal so I understand the it happens every day and changing diet doesn't change anything) is when every food is bad, it isn't food. Eat what you like, eat what is healthy, because if changing the diet around doesn't matter...it isn't food.K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts