Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take some mag/calcium tablets from walgreen's.. ..if i take enough, I'll have the runs... which is nice, since I'm badly C'd..

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
If you don't want the full-blown runs, just add more calcium to that ration. I take magnesium oxide supplements for my C, but just enough to make my stool soft enough to pass, I don't want to get D!

·
Banned
955 Posts
SpaceNeedle , I am in western washington too , by MT.Rainier.The rx. Lactulose is suppose to be good for relieving "C" . You take 30 ml's once daily.Fresh Barleans Flax seed oil with Lignin , spread over toast in the morning can help too. It allows things to pass more easily. It's over the counter at health food stores.Right now I am having bad bouts of "C".Makes me feel so sick and nauseated.

·
Registered
830 Posts
glenda, if you are having a bad bout of C right now, try this: instead of spreading your flax oil on toast in the morning, just take a tablespoon of the oil, on an empty stomach, upon arising, chase it with water or juice, then have your morning hot drink(s) and DO NOT EAT until you have pooped. most people with ibs-c make this huge mistake, they eat before they poop in the mornings. your gut cannot digest and eliminate at the same time, even tho it's done in different places in the body, - try not eating until you've gone at least once, to the bathroom. also, try my foolproof (for me, anyway) dinner recipe for C: a huge plate of steamed or sauteed greens, like spinach or kale, smothered in olive oil and cooked garlic, with about five or six chopped artichoke hearts from a can, some brown rice or rice crackers and tofu, for protein, if you like it. always works for me. g-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts