Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the over the counter IBS pills at walmart? I had a doctor tell me i had IBS though she based it on symptoms..not sure if there's any kind of test or anything. I've never really even looked much up on it. I just know i have a problem and am not sure what to even do about it. I noticed that there were pills at Walmart over the counter and wondered if i should even waste my money on them. I only seem to get sick to my stomach with diarrhea in stressful situations ..so god help dating *ugh* i've read through some of the horror stories and they sound familiar to my own. Ok, i'm not sure if this question has been asked and i didn't see it or what..i've not read through the whole forum being that i just found it. Thanks in advanced for any responses

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I noticed that my Walmart just started carrying Digestive Advantage IBS and also Culturelle.Some people do get some benefit from either of these probiotic bacteria. Your mileage may vary.If stress is the problem you may want to look into stress reduction techniques or something like Hypnotherapy (either with someone who does the IBS proticol see www.ibshypnosis.com or mike's tapes for an at home treatment). Sometimes calming the stress goes a long way towards easing the symptoms.K.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I love Culturelle! It has really helped my IBS problems, and I've taken it for four years. One capsule a day, plus Fibercon (or cheaper brand with same contents) with my evening meal. I had a little increased bloating the first day, but as my colon bacteria normalized, I found I had hardly any gas or bloating anymore. I can even eat small amounts of previously "forbidden" foods, like dairy, broccoli, etc., as long as I don't overdo. This combo has really helped me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My doctor recommended plain old Fiber Laxative pills. I get the Equate brand at WalMart. I had a LOT of success last year, but stopped taking them thinking I was "cured". Just started taking them again, 1/2 tablet in the morning. Been a week now, went from 8-10 episodes a day to 4, and now, yesterday had my first regular BM in a year! Only had one episode after lunch. I'm thinking sometimes the simple answers do work!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Its probably best that you get all the tests done first before you take tablets for ibs, just incase it is something else.Here In Australia they have ethical nutrients, Ibs support tablets that you get over the counter at phamarcys, they are supposed to be good, but I havent tried them yet!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.