Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I went normal, then while standing in the kitchen, I thought I was going to be passing gas- and let's just say I misjudged and had a little mess to clean up. I ran to the bathroom of course and was like a half hour late for work. I'm fairly sure that this was a fluke- my diet has sucked in the last couple of days- hardly any fiber and had two bowls of cooked cereal...in other words I should have known better. But I just feel like my confidence is shot. This weekend I have important events going on and I am worried that I will "misjudge again" and in a hotel I won't have the resources I will at home (like stuff to clean it up). This only happened once before in my life like 2 or 3 years ago. I guess I just wanted to vent with people who know. I took the 2 immodium and should be alright, but that will mess up my schedule all weekend probably (had it down to going in the morning which makes my life easier). Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Wow. This happened to me 3 times last year within a short period. I too that I just had to fart
and the next thing I knew I was cleaning diarrhea off my legs and floor. Does this happen to others out there? I was sooooo nervous to pass gas for the longest time after those incidents. I pray it never happens again. Has this ever happened to you before?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Wow. This happened to me 3 times last year within a short period. I too that I just had to fart
and the next thing I knew I was cleaning diarrhea off my legs and floor. Does this happen to others out there? I was sooooo nervous to pass gas for the longest time after those incidents. I pray it never happens again. Has this ever happened to you before?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is another thread I just read this morning- need help and advice I think it's called? where it happened to someone else.Only happened to me once a couple of years ago and I had taken 2 actifed, 2 tylenol and some cold medicine that just erupted when it got together in my stomache. It was the same thought though- that it was just gonna be gas and then you're like "WTF? Was that what I think it was?!!"

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is another thread I just read this morning- need help and advice I think it's called? where it happened to someone else.Only happened to me once a couple of years ago and I had taken 2 actifed, 2 tylenol and some cold medicine that just erupted when it got together in my stomache. It was the same thought though- that it was just gonna be gas and then you're like "WTF? Was that what I think it was?!!"

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was also going to say it happens to everyone- even people on my morning radio show have talked about it happening to them either in bed or sitting in traffic.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was also going to say it happens to everyone- even people on my morning radio show have talked about it happening to them either in bed or sitting in traffic.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Don't worry it can happen to any one of us. I heard an interview recently on TV in which an ex boy band member (I won't name him!) said he was waiting to go on stage and needed to break wind. To his horror it was more than wind and he had to stay on stage in leather trousers! He laughed about it saying his bottom was rather sore afterwards. Hope this make you feel better - at least we aren't on TV!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Don't worry it can happen to any one of us. I heard an interview recently on TV in which an ex boy band member (I won't name him!) said he was waiting to go on stage and needed to break wind. To his horror it was more than wind and he had to stay on stage in leather trousers! He laughed about it saying his bottom was rather sore afterwards. Hope this make you feel better - at least we aren't on TV!

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Last time that happened to me was in July of 98. As it says in my sig line, I have been free of this for years with flavonoid supplement. I f*rt without fear.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Last time that happened to me was in July of 98. As it says in my sig line, I have been free of this for years with flavonoid supplement. I f*rt without fear.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I actually have been lucky enough to not have this happen to me. I go through so times when I will not pass gas unless I am on the toilet, just in case but I am yet to have an accident. Knock on wood, because I have yelled out whoever was in the bathroom to "get the heck out there now" many times. I have to get up really early for work so that if I have an episode I can deal with it before I have to leave. I usually need about an hour to an hour and half to get through the worst of my symptoms. Carly

·
Registered
295 Posts
I actually have been lucky enough to not have this happen to me. I go through so times when I will not pass gas unless I am on the toilet, just in case but I am yet to have an accident. Knock on wood, because I have yelled out whoever was in the bathroom to "get the heck out there now" many times. I have to get up really early for work so that if I have an episode I can deal with it before I have to leave. I usually need about an hour to an hour and half to get through the worst of my symptoms. Carly

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I had gone in the morning. I find this is the best because then I rarely suffer through a day of work being gassy and all this. It's just that stupid fear you can't get rid of you know?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I had gone in the morning. I find this is the best because then I rarely suffer through a day of work being gassy and all this. It's just that stupid fear you can't get rid of you know?

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Almost did you eat the cooked cereal on an empty stomach?What was the cooked cereal?Why has"diet has sucked in the last couple of days"This can happen, and it can wreak havoc on our thoughts and be embatrassing for sure. But worry can also contribute to it happening, always remember that, because its really important.It was probably a fluke like you said, if it happened all the time, that would be a serious problem. This can even happen to normal people once in a great while.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Almost did you eat the cooked cereal on an empty stomach?What was the cooked cereal?Why has"diet has sucked in the last couple of days"This can happen, and it can wreak havoc on our thoughts and be embatrassing for sure. But worry can also contribute to it happening, always remember that, because its really important.It was probably a fluke like you said, if it happened all the time, that would be a serious problem. This can even happen to normal people once in a great while.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts