Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I used to just about live at this site a year ago. Since then I was diagnosed with Lupus as well as IBS C. My problem started with a precancerous polyp in the rectum. I never had a problem with my bowels before the surgery to remove 5 1/2 inches of the bowel. I was gives massive doses of antibiotics. I had severe D for a year after that. Then my bowels stopped working period. I took acidopholus and Bifidus regularly. It stopped the D but not the C. My question is How much damage am I doing with the water enemas? My doctors say NO DAMAGE. I don't know if they know what they are talking about because no one seems to know enough about IBS. I had my badder checked also. I saw that a lot of people here have bladder problems and/or pain. So do I. I was told that mine was fine but it always hurts and feels full. I was told that was the intestine causing that pressure on the bladder. When my intestines hurt really bad, my jaw joint and other joints really hurt. This could be the Lupus too. It all just sounds to coincidental that I have Lupus and IBS AFTER the surgery. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone had joint pain and jaw pain with IBS or am I just grasping at straws. And has anyone done the water enema thing? Thanks.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Bad elimination can give a lot of symptoms,including joint pain,head ache etc...I also know that the bowel seems to react by rebound sometimes,which means that if you use laxative you gonna feel C after it.Go there:http://www.constipation.net

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again!From what I just read at that link that spasman left, it seems that maybe my intestine didn't fully recover from the surgery. It doesn't remember what to do. My doctor said the same thing. There is a link between the brain and the colon and that link was broken during surgery because it was cut off at the rectum. He said it takes time for the intestine to relearn. It seems to me that it has had enough time. It was 3 years ago. MAN, I guess it got really lazy or it's just to painful. I wonder if pain would stop the brain from trying to reteach the intestine and start doing what it is told. Is that even possible if your intestine is full? You would think that it would come out because of the forward pressure. That's what makes sense to me so if it makes sense to me, my brain must be telling my intestine that it's O.K. Either that or the brain telling the colon what to do theory isn't true. I feel the muscles working when I put water in there so why not work with the food I eat. It makes no sense. The muscles react with water only. Yes, I guess the joints hurt because of the Lupus. I wish I could just get rid of one problem.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Usually to help with the brain telling the colon the right things sort of thing a lot of people end up not getting it done on their own but use hypnotherapy or Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to do that.I did CBT as part of a clinical triak and it did me a world of good.K.

G

·
i've been giving myself ememas almost daily for the last two years and although it's time consuming and inconvenient, it feel alot better about it than taking laxatives...and my doctors say it's harmless too

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi therei have been doing enemas, colonics and high doses of laxatives for the past 3 years. my colon had shut right down and im now in the process of "teaching" it to do its own job. With the enemas you are doing it for the colon so it doesnt work without any kind of push. Personally I would stop and try and reteach your colon by eating fiber, (if you can, this is what works for me) lots of water, I take 2 tablespoons of olive oil day and night plus i take a tablespoon of triphala, i have powder that i bought in India, not sure what the commerical brands are like. if you do buy it, try and get it in powder. After nearly two months im finally going but still not there yet. Dont give up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.