Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever used the Brita (or similar) water filters? I am looking at buying one of the pitchers (NOT the water faucet system)! Do you prefer the Brita pitchers to Bottled Water? Is it cheaper in the long run?

·
Registered
255 Posts
We have the big Brita Water filter that stays in the fridge and has a spigot on the end. Large capacity, so takes quite awhile before you need to refill. We like the convenience much more than the pitcher-style. It really makes a difference in the taste and smell of the water. Have never really bought bottled water, so no opinion there, but I would guess it's cheaper with the Brita.

·
Registered
255 Posts
We have the big Brita Water filter that stays in the fridge and has a spigot on the end. Large capacity, so takes quite awhile before you need to refill. We like the convenience much more than the pitcher-style. It really makes a difference in the taste and smell of the water. Have never really bought bottled water, so no opinion there, but I would guess it's cheaper with the Brita.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I have a Brita. How much I appreciate it depends on the water where I live at the time. I got hooked on Brita water when a college roommate had one.My Brita pitcher is one of the space-saving models, that is rectangular rather than round. I think it cost a couple bucks more than the plain pitcher, but the space savings is definitely worth it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I have a Brita. How much I appreciate it depends on the water where I live at the time. I got hooked on Brita water when a college roommate had one.My Brita pitcher is one of the space-saving models, that is rectangular rather than round. I think it cost a couple bucks more than the plain pitcher, but the space savings is definitely worth it.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I have a cooler and I buy the spring water. I love the taste, it does not take up space in the fridge and it is always cold. You can also get hot water taps on coolers now. A cooler is much better for me since we go through 3 bottles a month.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I have a cooler and I buy the spring water. I love the taste, it does not take up space in the fridge and it is always cold. You can also get hot water taps on coolers now. A cooler is much better for me since we go through 3 bottles a month.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I have a Brita. The whole family use it so it is cheaper for us than bottle water and if I am going out I fill an empty bottle with it. I sits in the milk compartment of the fridge and doesnt take up any room at all. We would'nt be without it now.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I have a Brita. The whole family use it so it is cheaper for us than bottle water and if I am going out I fill an empty bottle with it. I sits in the milk compartment of the fridge and doesnt take up any room at all. We would'nt be without it now.

·
Banned
151 Posts
I have a Britta that just sit in the frig with a spigot on it. It works really well and is not as expensive as the bottled water. Besides, the bottles have to be disposed of.Since I don't like drinking water and I am supposed to, haveing the cold filtered water at easy access really helps. I don't think you can go wrong with getting any of the Britta products.Sunny

·
Banned
151 Posts
I have a Britta that just sit in the frig with a spigot on it. It works really well and is not as expensive as the bottled water. Besides, the bottles have to be disposed of.Since I don't like drinking water and I am supposed to, haveing the cold filtered water at easy access really helps. I don't think you can go wrong with getting any of the Britta products.Sunny

·
Registered
663 Posts
I actually have two Britas. One round the other the new square space saver. We really notice a difference when we make juice and his coffee. Our water in Texas gets really bad sometime so we use ours a lot. Mike even took one to work.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I actually have two Britas. One round the other the new square space saver. We really notice a difference when we make juice and his coffee. Our water in Texas gets really bad sometime so we use ours a lot. Mike even took one to work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts