Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering, what do most of you mean when you say D? Is it !) actual, watery, squirtin D with no cohesion whatsoever, or 2) loose stools with some solidity.I have had major, major C for about a week. Last night around 11pm I suddenly had D, the real kind with shootin water, etc, I can NOT believe how much water I lost. Is this normal for anyone with D and does Immodium help this? Normally when I have "D" it's the bulky but very loose and mucousy stools, this time was mostly water and it kind of scared me. I think I was expecting more solidity because of the week-long C. Help!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi-My D has a pattern. Normally I get the cramping first. Then I go to the bathroom and my first bm is D but loose,somewhat formed D. I'll go back to my room for like 5 mins then the cramps start again. From then on, everytime I have to run back to the bathroom it's really watery, runny D. So basically it starts out just loose, then it gets more and more watery. Yummy!! Hope this answers your question.
-Kayla

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I usually have the exact same as Kayla. For some reason it always starts out more "solid" in the beginning and gets to the point where theres nothing but water near the end. Sucks big time. Although the last few months it was nothing but straight water for awhile. Glad that stopped!~Jen

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My thanks for responding to both of you. Normally on my swings to D, it was always very loose, very painful, made me sweat, etc, but I don't normally lose a whole lot of water. This week it's been a lot of water loss (oh joy!). I think I have figured it out, though. I changed my diet to almost no meat, absolutely no dairy or eggs, and lots of fruits and vegetables. I also drank a lot more water. I was feeling great, but hadn't gone at all in 2 or 3 days so my friend (bless her heart) suggested Prune juice. I drank about 30 oz worth in 2 days! I think that's what did it! Everything jammed through my intestines, got stuck for a while, and then exploded...LOL! The first little bit was solid, but then just the water. I remember reading somewhere that the longer stool stays in your colon, the more water is reabsorbed thru the intestinal lining and therefore the stools become harder and harder and smaller and smaller. I think I was expecting solid stools because I was so C all week. Oh well. I'm feeling halfway decent now, so I will just continue on the road I am on, WITHOUT the prune juice!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sumbunnie, Since we are posting graphic responses here. Mine is anyshere from almost nothing to like almost a clear light brown watery colour, thick either light yellowish brown to dark brownish. earlier last week in the morning I admit that I do look to see what I had given "birth" to and it as thick and enough to pile up to be above the water line and me toilet is one that is half full of water. Marleen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts