Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
What a muppet IBS is hilarious I'm sorry but that makes me quite cross. I hope he doesn't walk out into traffic and gets hit by a lorry.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True, the police reports would ruin the driver's whole day.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just did right after you Mark, although in general, I think these political blogs aren't that fruitful places to sound off. A few of you local IBS-D people should go lock yourselves in McCain's bathrooms for a day.Really glad to see some advocacy-mindedness on this BB though.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Too funny...I found the same website (after Kathleen said don't google for it....could not help myself
) and left the first comment.

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
Interesting note from the Administrators at HealthBoards.com. Am I missing something?
Hello,I believe our account was suspended over 5 years ago due to using a URL in a posting. We would like to have our account re-instated.We are advocates for Irritable Bowel Syndrome sufferers and would like to make IBS sufferers aware of the following:Disparaging IBS Remarks on Senate Floor by Senator John McCain Furthers Misunderstanding of the Value of IBS ResearchSenator John McCain (R-AZ) demonstrates a lack of understanding of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.Washington, DC (PRWEB) December 15, 2009 -- During marathon sessions to debate Health Reform, Senator John McCain (R-AZ) on Saturday December 12, 2009 and Sunday December 13, 2009 identified IBS as an illness unworthy of receiving funds for research. Senator McCain's December 12, 2009 comment, "$665,000 for, I'm not making this one up, for the Cedar Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles California for equipment and supplies for the institute for Irritable Bowel Syndrome research. <pause> Now, I have a lot of comments on them on that issue, but I'll just pass so not to violate the rules of the Senate.", demonstrates contempt for the real pain and suffering felt by the millions of IBS sufferers across the nation. On December 13, 2009 Senator McCain repeated, "Another one that I have been unable to describe adequately without violating the rules of the Senate. $665,000 for Cedar Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles California for equipment and supplies for the Institute for Irritable Bowel Syndrome Research. The only thing I can say is that problem will not be reduced when people read this legislation, so there may be a need for it. The list goes on and on, it is crazy stuff."Thank you for your consideration.IBS Group
HealthBoards reply:
Hello,The policy is to not promote or advertise any group. The boards may not be used for political purposes for any reason.There will be no reinstatement.-- Administratorwww.healthboards.com

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think that the debate has reached the point where even talking about health problems may be construed as a political act. It might be more useful to forward this to Senator Franken, Rachel Maddow, or someone at Air America who know how to use the media for maximum effect. (Of course, that would put us firmly on the side of Death Camps.)Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts