Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boyfriend and I broke up. Kind of saw it coming, I guess.Been together for a year. We realised we've just sort of drifted a little. I feel like a lot of it was to do with me, my little problems... like IBS, anxiety, hormones... etc.Of course my IBS has been set off again. I expected that though... it'll ease a bit again.I'm just having a very hard time right now. Found a new flat to move to in Jan - this will be my first time on my own. We're both still close friends.Also finding it difficult to eat again - I have GAD and last year struggled to eat due to anxiety, was always feeling nausea or full due to stress and worry... now I'm getting anxious just thinking about that, nevermind all my other anxities. Plus balancing university around this.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hello mumble.I am truly sorry to hear about your break up. It can be a hard time, I went through that myself last year. I know it's a little difficult for now, but you have to keep taking care of yourself. Personally, my hunger is affected by emotions. Which means that I usually eat very little when I'm heart broken. But because of IBS you have to keep eating healthy food, sleep at least 8 hours and exercice. You have to put yourself at the top of your priority list. If you need to talk or something feel free to message. Until then, take care.Yukie.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a hard time eating for 3 weeks after I broke up with my boyfriend. I feel your pain. I still have issues.. It's just the stress.I hope you start feeling better soon!*hugs*!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Big Hugs ((())), I am sorry about the breakup and the difficulties eating. I can so relate. my bf and I broke up in the summer and I was very devasteted, and then my IBS symptoms got way worse. I developed fainting during IBS cramping so my life felt out of control. Things a bit better now. We got back together. But I am having difficulties with the relationship cause often I don't feel like going to his house as it's easier for me to look after myself at my house. So I am in a quandary... will just keep taking one day at a time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts