Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I, like a hand full of others, am a newbie here. After searching the internet and feeling pretty silly since sometimes I felt fine, I have finally determined (with a doctor) that it is IBS-A, especially since my father also was an IBS sufferer. But I don't know what to do about it. I'm not just constipated and I don't just have diarrhea. I have a weekly cycle. So please, any help is greatly appreciated!Every weekend I get D in the morning. I go about 4-5 times and then feel completely empty, but the rest of the day I have low energy mostly because I'm scared to eat anything for fear I will have D again. If I wake up early and leave my apt early on the weekends, then I don't have D until around dinnertime when it flares up with a heavy feeling of anxiety and I don't want to eat anything. It also comes out stickier and not completely. It's really annoying!Then, not surprisingly, by Monday and Tuesday I am constipated (I'm pretty sure there's nothing left!) and, usually, finally get relief by Wednesday where I get gas, bloating, and lots of small bms, but nothing that feels like I have completely finished a bm. I also get a feeling like there is a heat pad on the lower left side of stomach (where the bottom of the colon is) like something is there, but I don't have to go to the bathroom. This sometimes stays until Sat, sometimes it goes away. Then Thursday and Friday are grab bag days: sometimes I get constipated again, sometimes I have a normal bm, sometimes I have a bunch of small, sticky bms. But no matter what the symptom (c or d), I always have to push which I know is really bad for you colon and I wouldn't like to hurt it anymore than it already is. Then it starts all over again.Does anybody else experience this??Anybody have any suggestions for how to get this under control??? I've talked to my father who was an ibs-d sufferer. He said for him getting his episodes under control was one of the most important things, then he could sometimes control it after than. But he never had alternating so he has just one goal in mind. I am totally lost!I try to eat a lot of fiber (mostly prunes at this point, but I'm trying to broaden my horizons) and I'm trying not to drink as much since that does not seem to help. I also have a prescription for lomotil and levsin but I am afraid either since they could take me to far to one extreme over the other. I am thinking about taking a lomotil this saturday to see if it helps. Any thoughts? Any experience with this?I currently live in Seoul, so the language barrier with drs is not the easiest. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts