Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if weight gain is a side effect of amitriptyline? it doesn't seem to have made a difference to my stomach but i have been gaining weight
i'm meant to be getting a change of medicine again, i'm just curious as to why i've mysteriously started putting on weight, other than i'm being lazy and enjoying my hols!!!

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
hi cat well im on amatrip and my weight has gotten worse, although im not sure if its the amatrip or the fact that im a greedy pig
also im on venlafaxine and apparantly thats quite bad for weight gain.

·
Registered
229 Posts
TheCat: I'm on nortitritylne, pamalor is the real name and I have gained 25lbs since I have been on it and the dr. said to change my diet well I even went off of the med for 3 months and the weight never moved, Ha like I don't watch my diet, I'm now at the point where i'm scared to eat cause I don't know what will send my into couchpotato zombie don't touch me space.The side effects say weight gain and he said just go on the zone diet. well tried that nothing changed and he won't change my med so I don't know where to turn, I need it for my spasms and anxiety but yes can feel your frustration about meds and weight gain, why can't I be one of the ones who lose weight on meds and can't gain any.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heyasorry your so frustrated. i haven't gained a huge amount, been on it for 6mths and it hasn't had any effect other than this possilby and i've gained maybe 8pounds (my scales are a lil dodgy at home!!) and i needed to gain some - i had a bmi of 18.6 which they were like well your still in the healthy range even though i'm mainly muscle and was freaking everyone out by how thin i was i DID NOT look healthy. just seemed a bit bizarre i'd gained some weight and that was the only thing i could think of. cheers for your answer!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.