Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I have had IBS I have gradually begin to gain weight. Now it seems I am gaining weight very quickly, more so than before. Also I am having a lot of problems keeping the weight off and losing it when I gain it. I have cut out a lot of the fat from my diet and I have taken to walking to most places, but I am still not losing the weight. What I would like to know is are there any others experiencing this because of their IBS and if so how are you dealing with it? Can you offer me any advice?Angelfate

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have you tried Yakult. This may help your system to reduce bloating. It has good bacteria in it. Of course there may be other reasons why you are putting on weight. You might find your doctor can help.You may find Aloe vera helps as well. This is also good for your stomach.Would you say your diet was healthy?Hope you get some other ideas, from the board.Love al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't really know if you weight gain is caused by IBS. Several years ago, I began gaining weight no matter what I ate. It was also very hard to lose weight. I was very tired and had dry skin. After seeing several doctors, an internist finally diagnosed me with hypothyroidism. I was put on synthroid and have been fine since. That was 14 years ago. You should check with your doctor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with SAMS. First you need to make sure you don't have a problem with your thyroid. It isn't common to gain weight because of IBS, but it does happen. I'm proof of that.Over the past 6 years, I have gained over 100 pounds. This is also when my Crohn's and IBS made themselves known. I have tried pretty much every diet known to man with no success. Right before I became pregnant, I was having some success with just decreasing my intake of dairy fats and doing as much physical activity as I could without having to run into the bathroom.Wish I could give you better news, but if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to drop me an email.Christine
Smile, It makes people wonder what you have been up to!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.