Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 weeks ago at the doc i weighed 157,2 weeks later i went to doc and weighed 148,yesterday i went again and now weigh 136,i need to lose weight but is losing it this fast okay?i have ib-c and hiatal hernia,and gerd.anyone else drop weight like this?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Are you eating?Generally you want to lose around 2 pounds a week on a deliberate weight loss program. You might add up your calories to see if you are eating enough to maintain weight, or if the weight going down faster than 2 pounds a week makes any sense. Usually you need to eat 500 calories fewer per day to lose 1-2 pounds per week.If you are dropping weight faster than your lack of eating suggests you should then you need to get that checked. Many sites will calculate how many calories you need to maintain your weight at your age, activity level, etc. http://www.practicalweightloss.com is one.If you are not eating you will lose weight and some people can lose a fair amount of weight pretty dramatically if they are over weight a bit to start, and some people have metabolisms that put the breaks on weight loss faster than others.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.