Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone - I was just reading the Weight Loss Buddy board and thought I would give out some advice. I've recently had some help from someone who is a personal-trainer / nutritionist. I haven't been working out with her - but she's really helped me make changes in my lifestyle. First off, before I started to work with her, I joined a women's gym of the same vein as curves. In the first two months there I had lost 14 inches. At the start of the second month was when I really started to change my eating habits. The change in eating has resulted in weight loss and better control and relief from my IBS-D. Here's how I've changed:I avoid any fatty foods as much as possible. Having been off fat for a few weeks now, when I eat it I feel even more worse than I did before.Avoid processed sugars. You wouldn't believe where those little buggers turn up. To do this, I've more or less adopted an all natural diet as much as possible. I've switched to all natural peanut butter, rely on fruit and nuts for snacks. I eat only whole grain breads (unless my tummy feels really dicey in which case I switch to white for a day or two) and I eat every three hours without fail. Eating often had done wonders for my metabolism and I think is really the reason i have started to lose some weight. Also, eating smaller amounts more often lets your system digest it's food a lot easier. I also try and drink between 2-3 litres a day. After two weeks of doing this, I had suddenly lost 6 or 7 lbs - and even though I've been off my routine for a couple of weeks (vacation, house sitting etc...) I still feel like I'm losing some weight as my clothes are getting bigger. Yesterday I fit into a pair of my husband's pants for the first time ever! If anyone would like to know more or buddy up I'd lost to be in kahoots with someone. Trust me, if you try doing things this way you'll feel good. My husband kept saying that I had a healthy glow about me from all the exercise. This is the first routine I've ever felt like I could make a permanent thing and be able to reach my goals eventually. I've also found that focusing on feeling better and being healty helps because I'm not obsessing over the weight - it's just happening as a side effect!Anna

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey neighbour!! Thanks for the great info! I'm sure you are very much welcome on this, more info and support for everyone!! Do you have a specific goal yourself? Any advice and happy thoughts as well as your own successes are most welcome!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks for the great advice, I know a big problem for me is that I'm not hungry in the morning and during the day. Then by evening when I get hungry I want to snack after dinner, I know I should be eating all day in small amounts I just do not. I also have yet to start excersising, my stepmom is bugging my to start at curves because she loves it so much. I also do not have alot of extra money to spend on membership and I had some problems with cronic fatiuge so I'm nervous to commit to a contract at a gym. I never know when physical activity is going to cause a relaspe for me. I just moved and my excersise machine is in the garage and I'm hoping I can drag it in the house myself and see how using that goes. It is an ellipical machine and works the whole body and it's low impact. Keep us updated on your sucess and hopefully I'll have some updates too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.