Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently I posted this on the wrong place.. OPPs! I have just had my worst bout ever with IBS. I had a complete work up and nothing unusual was found. Although I've had much milder bouts with this in the past, I never lost weight before. My Dr. Seems concerned about this weight loss and a little uneasy about writing my symptoms off to IBS. (I'm the D type) I have always been somewhat overweight and have had about a 15 lbs. weight loss in the last couple months. I also wanted to say that I've begun taking Clatrate today and hope to give you positive results soon!!! I think this is a great site, I,ve never learned so much before!!

G

·
This really is an info packed board. That's a good deal of weight loss. Has your doc taken a stool sample for infection or parasites? It may be IBS related but it never hurts to play safe. This may be something to suggest to your doc especially if you have been running a fever (even just a mild one). If this will ease you at all, I too have had a lot of weight loss with IBS and so have some others on the BB. By no means panic, but a test to rule out other possibilities is always a good precaution and will help ease your mind. The caltrate has helped so many...prepare to feel better! My best wishes to you! Chloe

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
15 pounds is quite a bit of weight, especially if you have not altered your eating patterns. I haven't lost a significant amount of weight, but I have all I can do to just maintain my current weight...usually because most of the stuff I love to eat, doesn't love me back. Have you had to give up some of your favorite foods, because they trigger attacks? If so maybe that's why you lost the weight. Let's face it...eating healthy doesn't exactly put on the pounds. When everybody else is eating pizza or cheeseburgers (both of which I would love to eat)I'm usually picking at a healthy litte salad.(how boring!) The only good thing that has come out of all my healthy eating is my cholesterol count is excellent. I would love to eat an enormous cheeseburer smothered with onions and peppers(yummy!)...but if I did I would pay dearly for days..it's just not worth it!
(sigh)Anyway if you have had to give up the yummy, greasy high calorie foods, that would probably explain your weight loss.------------------"Today is the first day of the rest of your life"Rose [This message has been edited by Rose (edited 06-04-99).]

G

·
I have eratic weight gain & loss. Fluctuates 15 pounds up and down. Very discouraging. I need to lose about 60 pounds. Can't seem to get anywhere with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. I'm having a great couple of days... Caltrate???? Ihad the cultures done and I had both an upper and lower endoscopy. Actually, for awhile I was convinced I had colon cancer...IBS is almost a relief! Except of course when I'm having an attack Of "D"------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.