Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

weight lost

485 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  miranda 
#1 ·
Hi:Is it common to lose weight with IBS D? I have been in the habit of weighing around 200 or a little below. I noticed that I now weigh 185 lbs.. Will this get worst or will it level off? Yhanx, Beenie

#3 ·
D will definitely take the weight off, mostly fluid. I think the primary cause of weight loss in IBS-D is that food seems to equal pain so one tends to eat less. If 185 is healthy for you, enjoy it. Just make sure when you get your symptoms under control you don't go gain it all back...LOL!

#2 ·
D will definitely take the weight off, mostly fluid. I think the primary cause of weight loss in IBS-D is that food seems to equal pain so one tends to eat less. If 185 is healthy for you, enjoy it. Just make sure when you get your symptoms under control you don't go gain it all back...LOL!

#6 ·
I lost 10 pounds when my IBS was at its worst. I have kept the weight off since I began taking daily fiber. I am convinced that I was meant to be thinner like I am now. But alternating D and C was making me heavier then I should be. I am also a lot more active now because movement seems to help the guts, which helps me maintian the loss.

#7 ·
I lost 10 pounds when my IBS was at its worst. I have kept the weight off since I began taking daily fiber. I am convinced that I was meant to be thinner like I am now. But alternating D and C was making me heavier then I should be. I am also a lot more active now because movement seems to help the guts, which helps me maintian the loss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.