Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to lose weight, and control my IBS symptoms at the same time.Much of losing weight with WW consists of Veggies, Fruits and some Dairy, but I keep reading that I should avoid these things to keep my IBS from flaring up....IS this in every case? I was able to eat Dairy and Veggies fine all my life, and all of a sudden I'm very bloated (puffy and tender upper belly) Not pretty, and I'm trying to not feel fat!Anyone have any good advise on how to get rid of the bloating? Is there anything else I could try besides Gas-X?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi,I am on another IBS site along with this one. A few weeks ago, a new message board was added to the current lineup. It is called "IBS Fitness and Lifestyle." The board is moderated by a fellow IBS sufferer who is in the process of losing weight. Her name is Shell and she is really awesome and motivating people. She incorporates weightloss and excercise into a framework that also incorporated dietary principles that tend to help many IBS sufferers. If interested, then click here:IBS FitnessThe group is very close knit and very supportive of each other. We get newbies all the time.Take care,Karen

·
Registered
654 Posts
It's great that there's a new program for ibser's to follow. Many of the popular diet plans such as Weight Watchers don't really take ibs into consideration. That being said, I lost 60 lbs with Weight Watchers 8 years ago. I even became a leader for 3 years. I haven't been there in a while even though I am a lifetime member. Their program used to focus on a high fiber plan. This can be bad for some ibser's. Their points plan is somewhat flexable in that you can eat what you want. If you find what foods are tolerable for you and you can fit them into your points, the plan my still work for you. After my last child was born 4 years ago, my Ibs got worse, and I couldn't follow the plan as it was. I lost most of the baby weight simply by being to ill to eat what I used to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.