Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all ,thanks for the help.i am trying the caltrate in the pink box now and am wondering what do people eat when they have ibs d and the gallbladder problem,ever since my gallbladder got took out almost 2 years ago i have had diarreah.i do not tolerate veg or fruit yet i can eat pizza is this normal?i really need to lose weight and would love to find a diet that is a way of life aand that helps my diabetes2 stomack ibs and,well all of it .thanks for any help i can get.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Personally, I do better with frozen veggies instead of fresh. I usually eat green beans, peas, and spinach. I eat a lot of potatoes, too. For fruit, I usually stick to bananas and unsweetened applesauce.For me, the amount of food affects me more than what food it is. For example, I can eat a couple of small squares of pizza, but if I was to eat as much as my co-workers (8-10 squares) I wouldn't be able to run to the bathroom fast enough!Everyone with IBS is different. My mom has IBS-D and her "safe" foods when eating out are hamburgers and hot dogs, while mine is mashed potatoes. Quite a difference.Without a gallbladder, low fat is the key. When I had mine out, I don't think I would have survived without the cookbook "Live Don't DIEt." It had normal foods made low-fat, like casseroles and things. There is now also a cookbook advertised on the BB for people with IBS written by a woman with IBS.And I often wonder if IBSers have a harder time recovering from gallbladder surgery. For me, I'd say it took a good five years before my IBS was back to being managable like it was before the surgery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.