Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently in the middle of tests to confirm IBS, but the threat of cancer is scaring me to death. I'm 25, have alternating "normal" and D, gas pains...especially when I hit the fiber and sugar. The question is, does anyone else start off a BM being fairly normal, then turns into D? Or maybe have back to back with one being fine and the other being D? Not passing any blood (that I can see...being tested for occult blood). And I feel like my gut is tense alot of the time....I feel stressed like a nervous wreck too? Any thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
482 Posts
sounds like IBSwe can be sensitive to fibre adn sugar as the increaser activity in the gut and its though tthat ibs can be triggered by hypersensitivity. if you are taking immodium then a normal movement first is the expected then D again, crazy world we live in. dont worry about cancer tho ibs is very common

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Poboyross and welcome.You sound like you are going through the same things many of us have at some time or another. Quite often i start of with a fairly normal bm, and then within five minutes iam back on the toilet with really bad d.Sometimes i might not have a bm and i feel constipated and really bloated. A few days will pass and when i finally do have a bm its d, i dont understand that. Ibs is very confusing.

G

·
Oh yes, me too. I sometimes have intriguing two-tone stools (very funky!!) - sorry, yes, I do have a sick sense of humour!!! I've had IBS for about 9 years and my stools are very, very wierd and vary through all hues of colour. I think the key is watch of blood, particularly if its dark and prolific (there, that's my big word for the day!!). Other than that, probably just one of the joys of IBS.Wish you wellSue, Manchester

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.