Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried zoloft , paxil, effexor , elavil,they made me sleepy, I am now on welbutrin and it does not make me sleepy at all, in fact I was taking it at night like i use to take the others , and i would lie wide awake at night. I then asked the pharmacist, she said it suppose to be taken in the morning, because it can keep you awake. I have now been taking it in the am.It has been about a week now, I have alot more energy, to do things, and i have a more positive outlook,I still have my bowel troubles, But they are not consuming me, like they have in the past,.it has been 20 years for me,I pray that this continues and even gets better.The medications i am on are welbutrin, dicetel for ibs, entocort for chrone's. Swiss brand psyllium,and a multivitamin.If anybody is on an antidepressant that makes you dopey , try the wellbutrin 150mg.It may not work for everybody, because we are all different , but it is worth a try.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I tried all of the pills you tried and more and you are right about Wellbutrin. I take it because one of my meds "Avonex" can cause depression and my doctor gives it to me for fatigue. So yep...it will keep you awake. I am on two pills a day now. I was on one for a month but last week started two which is the dose they recommend.Problem........constipation like crazy. My C was fixed by eating Ezekiel Bread, but it doesn't help anymore. Now I am taking 2 Citrucil tablets in the Morning with the bread, 3 stool softeners in the mid afternoon and 2 more Citrucil tablets at night. Well it's been three days and still nothing.However, I feel so much better both attitude and fatigue wise.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I tried all of the pills you tried and more and you are right about Wellbutrin. I take it because one of my meds "Avonex" can cause depression and my doctor gives it to me for fatigue. So yep...it will keep you awake. I am on two pills a day now. I was on one for a month but last week started two which is the dose they recommend.Problem........constipation like crazy. My C was fixed by eating Ezekiel Bread, but it doesn't help anymore. Now I am taking 2 Citrucil tablets in the Morning with the bread, 3 stool softeners in the mid afternoon and 2 more Citrucil tablets at night. Well it's been three days and still nothing.However, I feel so much better both attitude and fatigue wise.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I take 150mg two times per day. I started out on 150mg once a day for one month. Just increased my dose. I tell you people with D should try it because it really does plug you up.I was put on wellbutrin to stop smoking, which I did. The doctor wants me to continue to help with MS fatigue. It does work for that. One of my medicines that I have to inject also causes depression. So, I guess I be on it until he thinks something is better.All the other Anti-D's made me sick.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I take 150mg two times per day. I started out on 150mg once a day for one month. Just increased my dose. I tell you people with D should try it because it really does plug you up.I was put on wellbutrin to stop smoking, which I did. The doctor wants me to continue to help with MS fatigue. It does work for that. One of my medicines that I have to inject also causes depression. So, I guess I be on it until he thinks something is better.All the other Anti-D's made me sick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.