Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Welcome Back

771 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Kotter 
#1 ·
Hi, I was active in this forum a number of years back (about 8 yrs ago). I tried everything I could, but found little help for my IBS. At that time there were some "new" medicines for IBS - I think one was for IBS-D and one was for IBS-C and both (I think) were eventually pulled off the market. (I was never treated with them, just as an aside). I recall talk about possible new medicines under development back then, but haven't heard anything since. As for myself, antispasmodics provide a bit of help, but that's it.Anyways, after being away so long, I'm wondering what's new? Any new medicines? I have an appointment with the doctor next week and am wondering is there anything new I should ask? Also, what is with this "new" form of IBS after infection? I'm wondering if that could be me because I recall an incident about 25 years ago when I had a tough stomach bug. It didn't last long, but if I trace back my history I don't think by digestion, especially bowel movements, was ever as smooth as it was before (I had a cast-iron stomach before that). Still it was about 8 years after (nearing age 30) that my digestive problems became significant (and when it finally hit it was a big jump), so I never thought about a connection until just dwelling on this recently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.