Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My IBSACOL arrived today.For those who are wandering, I will only be taking IBSACOL no other treatments (Oregano oil...etc) to keep it fair..Starting off as instructed with 4 capsules 3 times a day (30 min before food).I will report back every so often, so everyone can see my progress over the month.MarkP.S. Have a great 4th O July

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hi Mark,I'd be very interested in reading about your progress because I've been thinking about ordering it too. Are you D type?Take care
------------------"I'm not a failure if I don't make it - I'm a success because I tried"-unknown

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hi Mark,I'd be very interested in reading about your progress because I've been thinking about ordering it too. Are you D type?Take care
------------------"I'm not a failure if I don't make it - I'm a success because I tried"-unknown

·
Registered
103 Posts
Am still too busy to figure out how to post all the new info I have, but I do know one thing...Since I stopped the Ibsacol I have had three flare ups and a week or two of dull 'discomfort pain'. Everything else is constant (diet; meds - only 25mgs Of Effexor XR). Seeing as my current (and first in 7 years!) diagnosis is: "stealth" Celiac; Entamoeba histolytica; and 'type two' Hypothyroidism...it is no wonder that the Ibsacol helped. It probably soothed the constant mild inflammation, etc. It did take some weeks to have even the inklings of an effect, but I did get two and a half months or more of pretty much pain free conditions!More later, whenever some elusive 'time' shows up!!! Best, Drew

·
Registered
103 Posts
Am still too busy to figure out how to post all the new info I have, but I do know one thing...Since I stopped the Ibsacol I have had three flare ups and a week or two of dull 'discomfort pain'. Everything else is constant (diet; meds - only 25mgs Of Effexor XR). Seeing as my current (and first in 7 years!) diagnosis is: "stealth" Celiac; Entamoeba histolytica; and 'type two' Hypothyroidism...it is no wonder that the Ibsacol helped. It probably soothed the constant mild inflammation, etc. It did take some weeks to have even the inklings of an effect, but I did get two and a half months or more of pretty much pain free conditions!More later, whenever some elusive 'time' shows up!!! Best, Drew

G

·
omg! I should have scrolled down more...I just posted, asking if anyone had ever heard of this or tried it yet? lol Please post updates.. I want to hear as much about this treatment as possible!

G

·
omg! I should have scrolled down more...I just posted, asking if anyone had ever heard of this or tried it yet? lol Please post updates.. I want to hear as much about this treatment as possible!

G

·
WHAT I'M THINKING IS THAT ,,,IF THIS IBSACOL IS TO FAR AWAY ,, I PREFER TO BUY SOMETHING THAT IS IN MY COUNTRY,,,CAN YOU IMAGEN IF YOU TRY THAT ,AND WORKS FOR YOU AND THEN FOR SOME REASON THEY TAKE OUT THAT OFF THE MARKET,,,,WHAT WOULD YOU DO?? I THINK I'M GONNA START WITH THE SHARK LIVER OIL,,,I DON'T WANT TO SPEND MY TIME IN SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN'T GET IN YOUR COUNTRY,,,,LIKE LOTRONEX HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING BECAUSE THEY STOP THEIR TREATMENT ...BE CAREFULL

G

·
WHAT I'M THINKING IS THAT ,,,IF THIS IBSACOL IS TO FAR AWAY ,, I PREFER TO BUY SOMETHING THAT IS IN MY COUNTRY,,,CAN YOU IMAGEN IF YOU TRY THAT ,AND WORKS FOR YOU AND THEN FOR SOME REASON THEY TAKE OUT THAT OFF THE MARKET,,,,WHAT WOULD YOU DO?? I THINK I'M GONNA START WITH THE SHARK LIVER OIL,,,I DON'T WANT TO SPEND MY TIME IN SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN'T GET IN YOUR COUNTRY,,,,LIKE LOTRONEX HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING BECAUSE THEY STOP THEIR TREATMENT ...BE CAREFULL

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Christina, a thought about your concerns about the supply of Ibsacol as it's not from your country. The difference between Lotronex and Ibsacol availability is that Lotronex was not available in some countries because it had to pass licensing laws/reviews as it was a drug, and it got pulled because it had some serious side effects. Whereas Ibsacol, as a dietry supplement doesn't require licensing to be supplied to various countries, it can be sold just like cod liver oil or whatever is.I'm sure Dianne would be helpful if you emailed her at the address shown on the Ibsacol website.Good luck with the Shark oil, how is it thought to help? susan

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Christina, a thought about your concerns about the supply of Ibsacol as it's not from your country. The difference between Lotronex and Ibsacol availability is that Lotronex was not available in some countries because it had to pass licensing laws/reviews as it was a drug, and it got pulled because it had some serious side effects. Whereas Ibsacol, as a dietry supplement doesn't require licensing to be supplied to various countries, it can be sold just like cod liver oil or whatever is.I'm sure Dianne would be helpful if you emailed her at the address shown on the Ibsacol website.Good luck with the Shark oil, how is it thought to help? susan

G

·
I KNEW ABOUT THE LOTRONEX PROBLEM,,,WHAT I TRIED TO SAY IS THAT I PREFERE TO BUY SOMETHING THAT IS GONNA BE EASY TO BUY OR FIND,,,WELL I NEED TO KNOW IS WHERE I CAN GET THE SHARK LIVER OIL,,,,DO YOU KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT IT,,,???? BYE MY FRIENDS

G

·
I KNEW ABOUT THE LOTRONEX PROBLEM,,,WHAT I TRIED TO SAY IS THAT I PREFERE TO BUY SOMETHING THAT IS GONNA BE EASY TO BUY OR FIND,,,WELL I NEED TO KNOW IS WHERE I CAN GET THE SHARK LIVER OIL,,,,DO YOU KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT IT,,,???? BYE MY FRIENDS

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok well I am back from my brief, but much needed vacation...The first time I took IBSACOL it gave me unbelieveable GAS/Bloating...The second day I only took 1 capsule 30 min before each meal instead of 4 and I still noticed a very uncomfortable amount...I stopped taking it (not wanting to ruin my vacation) and will start again with 1 tomorrow or the next day.Has anyone else had this problem?I was thinking of possibly taking beano with it...But If I have to do that every time, it will get too expensive.MarkI emailed Dianne, and she seams to think that this will go away after some time...So I am giving it a try.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok well I am back from my brief, but much needed vacation...The first time I took IBSACOL it gave me unbelieveable GAS/Bloating...The second day I only took 1 capsule 30 min before each meal instead of 4 and I still noticed a very uncomfortable amount...I stopped taking it (not wanting to ruin my vacation) and will start again with 1 tomorrow or the next day.Has anyone else had this problem?I was thinking of possibly taking beano with it...But If I have to do that every time, it will get too expensive.MarkI emailed Dianne, and she seams to think that this will go away after some time...So I am giving it a try.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Mark, sorry you had a problem with the Ibsacol. Just a couple of thoughts... the Ibsacol makes me fart more (expel gas). Which I was going to be a bit fed-up about, until I realised much to my joy, that the bloating (abdominal distension) has been reduced. Therefore I've come to the conclusion that the Ibsacol is letting me expel the gas rather than having it build up in my tummy. Wonder if this is the same for you?Another thought ... perhaps you could take smaller amounts for the first couple of weeks. I'm only on 1/8th capsule 3 times a day (for other reasons but there you go). I'm sure I'll work up to a 'normal' dose one day!Susan

1 - 20 of 57 Posts