Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hurting severly since Monday. Yesterday It looked like i might have blood in my stool. today went to gi doc and stool was positive for blood. He thinks I might have an ulcer and I'm having an endoscopy done on 5-11. I wonder if this has whats been causing my problem along???What can I expect on the endoscopy? I've had a colonoscopy before, and didn't do very well, it was excruciating and I hit the doctor and yelled at him calling him a mudder fudder. The doc today said he would make sure that I was heavily sedated and he would make sure I didn't hurt like that again. I had major sedation with the colon. but it wasn't working, they were afraind to give me more, cuz it wasn't scheduled with the anesthiologist (Sp) Sorry, typing is bad today.Thanks,Summer

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hi Summerwind, two of my friends have just had endoscopy. Both were nervous wrecks before the procedure! Neither of them can remember anything at all, said it was a breeze. They were both heavily sedated. You are bound to be nervous about having this done, I know I would be. If I was you I'd make sure the doctor knows beforehand your worry about not being sedated enough. Good luck.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey there I just had an endoscopy done last week and I was nervous as well but there is nothhing to worry about. I had to gargle this stuff at first to numb my throat and they heavily sedated me. The nurse said that I would be awake but one of the side affects is amnesia from one of the meds they give you, and he was right. I don't remember a thing. The doc said I was going to feel light headed and that is all I remember.hope that helps

·
Registered
140 Posts
Summerwind...Hey!! Not to worry!! Been there, done that and got the tee-shirt!! Was a complete breeze and actually, the meds they give you to relax..well, let's just say they are awesome !!! I felt great during and after the whole thing !!Piece of cake...you CAN do this !!!Keep us posted...be encouraged..you'll be on your way home wanting something to eat and feelin' fine!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts