Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
First of all ,, I have not been on much this year ...did the site change or something ???? I am back and all of my past posts are gone,,just the 4 from this year ......... Anyway ,, I am now to the point of liquids only ,,, I dont always follow it but the truth is solid food now hurts all the time .. This does not make me happy .. i am tired of surgery but i have to have them to continue on . mainly to redo ductwork attaching to my liver, and even to remove part of my liver damaged by the infection when the GB ruptured....... I can promise you all ,this has NOT been good for my IBS-C............. are any of you to the point of liquids only .. My next gastro appt is in 4 months . He already knows but pretty much does symptom/pain management care for me unless I need more surgery .. Has anyone here reached the point of liquids only ?? I am also at the point to where I want some sort of ostomy . I know that sounds extreme, but i am just worn out from so many years of struggling . I have been wanting one for 20 years actually .Has anyone here had a successfull ostomy ?? and found it improved their quality of life? My last colonoscopy was last year and as usuall he also did the peristalis (sp) test while he was there and my colon scored at nearly 0%.. he has always been so adamant againt an ostomy but sheesh , I had one mild cheese enchilada at Christmas and I am still sick . Liquids can be anything if I feel like it ,just nothing that requires much digesting .....Zelnorm of course worked very well ,like being let out of prison ,,like most of us IBS-C people but as of now it is taking 3 dulcolax at night then a phazyme at 1pm to alleviate the pain and bloating

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
No the site hasn't changed. Your old posts are fine; here's one.. see?? http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?s...=106729&hl=To be honest what you have doesn't sound llike IBS C. (Basing that on your statement here:
and as usuall he also did the peristalis (sp) test while he was there and my colon scored at nearly 0%..
)If you are unhappy with your Dr. and really want to consider more surgery for yourself... find another Dr and get another opinion on it maybe. Are you on liquids only per your Dr instructions or orders?? Because using a liquid diet for any amount of serious time should be supervised.

·
Community Manager
13,220 Posts
duchess---so sorry you're having so many problems....i certainly understand your worn-out feeling--it's a long hard daily struggle.i remember this post from october---someone who had a colectomy and was very happy with it. and there have been other posts as well.good luck to you! i hope you can find some relief. http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=111580

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
If you have no movement at all through the colon anymore (or next to none) then you are a candidate for colon removal.Some people do well, others do not. The pain from the scarring and adhesions can be pretty hard to deal with and if they do an internal pouch you may want to have your pelvic floor tested before surgery. If the outlet doesn't work right (so you can't pass stool even when it is at the end properly) nothing about the colon removal surgery will fix that.Looking for postsSometimes the older posts don't show up from your profilehttp://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?a...mp;highlite=%2B has the post from 2008, have you always used this same email address to log on and the same screen name? (a few people re-register and ideally people would use the contact us so we can fix the log in problem.Every once in awhile we end up having to delete a thread because of violations and if you had posts on one of those it could have gone, how many posts do you think are gone?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have no movement at all through the colon anymore (or next to none) then you are a candidate for colon removal.Some people do well, others do not. The pain from the scarring and adhesions can be pretty hard to deal with and if they do an internal pouch you may want to have your pelvic floor tested before surgery. If the outlet doesn't work right (so you can't pass stool even when it is at the end properly) nothing about the colon removal surgery will fix that.Looking for postsSometimes the older posts don't show up from your profile
thanks as always kathleen , you are always such a calming presence and you are right about adhesions,, i have a tremendous network of them from the GB removal and susequent surgeries to adjust /rebuild things gastro wants to use a special blade to revove a bunch of it off my liver AND part of my upper right colon that is attached to like part of my abdominal wall by adheasions so they cause a bunch of trouble already ,so I am prone to them , i had even thought of an illestomy ??/ the higher up one?? I have alot of scarring also at the entrance to the duodenum (sp) from the stomach which ends up being a kind of natural lap band effect.. you know , one bite and you are full and takes forever to empty,, i am not worried so much about posts ,, i am just happy I am still a member .tired but happy. You all understand and kind of "Hold my hand "when I need it love Dutchess

·
Registered
312 Posts
you need meat to repair your stomach fruit juices won't work infact fruit juices will make it worsetry soups with red meat and organic beef fat and liver in them these should help alot with your stomachs recoveryhttp://www.biblelife.org/bowel.htmorganic beef fat has Vitamin K-2 and omega-3 its very healthy also never eat non organic beef fat because the fat cells absorb antibiotics and don't have vitamin K-2 or omega-3 also never mix beef fat with carbohydrates besides the carbohydrates in liveralso if your worried about meat and fat and etc remember for alot of people includeing me they no longer cause any gas or stomach problems what so ever as long as you cut the carbohydrates out cause for alot of people carbs interfere with fat intake

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well sadly. in my case without my gall bladder eating fat is like eating gasoline ...I get really bad biliary colic ,,very bad ,pain through to my back and up to my right shoulder /nausea. Some people without a gall bladder dont have any problems but I do because my biliary duct is damaged really bad ,,as with alot of us , it is really not my stomach but everything AFTER my stomach lol .. Boost is not really a fruit juice although I will have lemonade which of course reeks havoc ,,but when i want it I drink it .... This is the boost for people that dont know .My grocery orders it for me especially . Corn syrup is usually difficult but not with this for some reason http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...ELAID=270824567this gives the ingredients ..it is for people like me, surgical/cancer/ Gastro patients people that just cant have solid food ... I dont like the milk kind ... You are right about the meat /carb connection though .. when I do have solid food on occasion carbs and wheat are just off the list .nor would I dare raw fruit or veggies although I love them and I will fall off the wagon out of desperation occasionally but try to stick to it.......... I had some fried okra the other day and the next morning in pain and sick on the bathroom floor my husband came banging on the door saying "DID YOU EAT THAT OKRA ?????? " It is just hard after truley a lifetime of digestive ,,really serious digestive problems,, you just have to manage it the best you can and know that there isnt really a permanent cure for most of us . Just trial and error ..For some reason Miralax does not work . I hate being back on dulcolax,,it feels like such a step backwards you know ?? from Dollar store Bisocodyl USP to zelnorm them BACK to Dollar store Bisocdyl ( dulcolax ) sometimes i can't belive it .

·
Registered
312 Posts
im sorry it doesnt work for you :(iv met some people that it didnt work for either it did help them but not a 100% i guess when it comes to IBS and stomach illnesses theres a wide range of different illnessesi know before and when i started my diet any food i ate hurt my gut it took time but over time the meat and such healed iti don't have a problem falling off the wagon cause when ever i do i get stomach problems and feel sick so its a good motivatori can understand though if you can't eat much fat how hard it would be to get energy as a fat burning metabolism and why you would fall off the wagonmaybe there is some fats that won't hurt you? i don't like eating fiber either too much and it hurts my gut thats why i cut all the stems off my broccoli before cooking italso that boost soup it says its got 54 grams of carbs and 30 grams of sugar that would make my gut explode xD it also says its Cholesterol Free are you eating enough Cholesterol? LDL is used for many things in the body one makeing new cells and your HDL recycles your LDLthe small dense LDL is bad cause it can get stuck and turn rancid cause not being recycled. but the large healthy fluffy LDL has no health risk and its made by eating saturated fat you may not be geting enough of italso i can't eat any milk or whipping cream or sour cream im allergic to it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.