Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just read a post from a senior member called Lookingood about using wellbutrin to control IBS. I was thinking of talking to my DR about this drug because I want to quit smoking and it causes constipation yippee! I have IBS-D and I hate it. I have had it for 10 yrs. It is better than what it was but I have tried almost everything. I am "medicine sensitive" so I can't take a lot of drugs. Please let me know what anyone thinks. I of course do not want to lose my sex drive, its bad enough already. How attractive do you feel with IBS all the time? Thanks Kat

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well not to discourage you, but my IBS surfaced when I first started taking Wellbutrin for ADD (doctor wanted to try this before stimulants). Now, was Wellbutrin the cause of my IBS? Probably not, but I will never know for sure, but the way I reacted to Wellbutrin I might as well have been smoking crack. It honestly felt like I was taking a hallucenogenic drug sometimes when I was on it. I cannot say 1 positive thing about it. I was constipated the entire time I was on it though, so it may help you in that aspect.There are a lot of Wellbutrin horror stories out there if you search about it on the net, but it has obviously helped a lot of people too. I am also very sensitive to medication like you. Wellbutrin was just hell for me and I still regret that I tried to tough it out and took it for over a month.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.